Cheesemonger Jobs Vacancy in Murray Cheese New York
Murray Cheese New York urgently required following position for Cheesemonger. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cheesemonger Jobs Vacancy in Murray Cheese New York Jobs Details:
The main thing that makes Murray’s special is our passion for cheese. We share that with our friends and customers! As a Murray’s cheesemonger, you campaign for some of the best cheeses in the world. You are responsible guiding customers through their wildest meat and cheese dreams, transporting them through an interactive, fun, and energetic experience. You are constantly tasting and learning about new products and pairings in order to deliver our industry-leading services.
Who You Are
- Goal-Oriented: You never miss your shot when given a target. You are self-motivated to drive results and do better tomorrow than you did today.
- Great Communicator: You can strike up a conversation with anyone in your vicinity and can build long-lasting relationships over something as simple as a good cheddar cheese. You are a great listener and can vary your communication with a customer to suit the circumstances.
What You Do
- Customer Service: You’re great at making customers laugh and selling lots of cheese. From your own experience, you are able to educate your customers about cheese, charcuterie, and pairings. You’ll demo products to our customers throughout the store in order to attempt to add-on items to each purchase.
- Cut the Cheese: You will spend your time on your feet behind the counter, cutting cheeses and slicing meats for customers and displays. You will keep the cheese cases well-stocked and clean, keeping the products in proper rotation.
What We Need From You
- Experience selling cheese in a retail environment
- A sincere passion for all things cheesy
- Evening/weekend availability
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A sense of humor
- NYC Food Handler’s Certification or ServSafe Certification preferred
- Free cheese classes
- Weekly pay
- Vacation and sick time
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Discounts on our products and restaurant!
Job Type: Full-time