Special Assistant Level Jobs Vacancy in Caci Arlington
Caci Arlington urgently required following position for Special Assistant Level. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Special Assistant Level Jobs Vacancy in Caci Arlington Jobs Details:
This is Level I Special Assistant (SA) work in the WDC area. Level I SA work entails providing direct executive administrative support to a principal or group of principals whose scope of responsibility, span of influence, and impact requires the SA to initiate outreach and interaction primarily with personnel from work units within the principal's organization, and with a number of established and regularly contacted partners. Primary duties are to maintain the principal's calendar, prioritize and manage the principal's time, and execute other general office support activities. Work at this level also includes responsibility to train less experienced SAs within the immediate work unit and serve as a resource to them. The work may also include providing or coordinating administrative support to others on the supported principal's staff. The scope, span of influence, and impact of the supported mission directly relates to the complexity of Level I SA work. The work environment generally is moderately paced, and errors in judgment or action result in consequences with low risk and impact to mission operations.
Level I SA work is performed with review and guidance from a more experienced SA or senior officer on the supported principal's staff and has some latitude in executing actions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Depending on the functions and business areas supported, duties may include the following:
- Maintain calendar and schedule items by applying a working knowledge of principal's role and responsibilities in relation to the supported mission, and basic knowledge of larger mission priorities.
- Coordinate with others, primarily from work units within the principal's immediate organization and with a number of established and regularly contacted partners to effectively resolve calendar conflicts, applying a basic knowledge of protocol. Notify attendees and their staffs of scheduled calendar items.
- Reschedule calendar items to accommodate new requirements and shifting priorities. Apply a basic understanding of the roles and interrelationships among entities, and the implications of making calendar changes. With guidance, resolve any additional calendar conflicts created by new requirements. Notify appropriate personnel affected by the changes.
- Ensure an appropriate alternate is identified and notified to attend select standing meetings when the supported principal is unable to attend.
- Manage the principal's time by applying basic knowledge of mission priorities, principal's business area(s) and personal preferences, protocol, and organizational hierarchy to screen, vet and prioritize emails, visitors and phone calls.
- With guidance, prioritize unscheduled demands and determine threshold of issues that need to rise to principal's attention, using sound judgment, working knowledge of the supported mission priorities, and basic knowledge of customer and/or IC concerns.
- Respond directly to inquiries when appropriate, or take action to facilitate resolution of routine inquiries and concerns related to the supported mission. Vet and refer visitors, callers, email and other correspondence to appropriate contact within the supported principal's organization or to established and regularly contacted partners, rather than the principal, when feasible.
- Seek information from appropriate customer/IC resources or personnel within the supported principal's organization to provide background information the principal will require to adequately address and resolve issues and concerns not deferred to others. Track assigned actions to ensure completion and response.
- Place and answer phone calls for the principal; employ proper protocol.
Liaison for the supported principal
- Exercise tact, diplomacy, and discretion while serving as principal's liaison for interactions with officers at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Interact confidently and effectively on behalf of the principal by communicating, orally and in writing, his or her requirements and priorities on routine mission-related issues.
- Provide information or respond accurately to basic questions or technical/administrative issues and requests in a clear, concise, credible, and courteous manner, and in the appropriate manner (i.e., orally by phone or in person, or in writing via email, letter or memorandum).
- Establish a network of professional contacts and working relationships with personnel from the customer, IC and other established and regularly contacted partners to influence work outcomes and accomplish duties.
- Draft clear and concise, hard and soft copy routine correspondence on behalf of the principal, emulating his/her style and voice and using a tone appropriate for the audience.
- Format, proofread, and edit correspondence and other documents to ensure clarity, accuracy, grammar, and conformance with customer and/or IC correspondence guidance. Route correspondence and track status through completion.
- Review submitted correspondence and format for ease of presentation. Fully utilize Microsoft Office Suite or other applications to complete work.
- With guidance, review correspondence and other documents to ensure documents are properly classified. Assist others within office on proper document and correspondence preparation, classification, and routing.
- Maintain office records in compliance with pre-established protocols and standards; maintain and archive files accordingly. Organize hard and soft copy office files, records, and information for easy retrieval.
- Research or retrieve and synthesize information or data the principal will require for meetings, or seek information from personnel within the supported principal's organization or appropriate customer/IC resources to provide background information the principal will require for meetings and other engagements. Follow up to ensure material is ready for review in advance of meeting.
- Compile and/or review for accuracy and completeness, packages, briefing books, and background materials in support of principal's meetings; evaluate content and highlight key meeting details.
- Determine appropriate meeting venue and arrange for needed logistics and security (required audio/video capabilities; adequate size room or other venue; transportation, sufficient travel time, parking; visitor requests, clearances, badges, escorts) to ensure principal, and/or attendees have the required access and resources to attend and participate in the meeting.
Travel Planning and Coordination
- Conduct preliminary coordination of principal's proposed travel plans with all appropriate offices to ensure itineraries meet principal's requirements.
- Secure transportation and lodging reservations via internal travel systems. Prepare and submit requests for travel and cover temporary duty request, if required. Follow up on all submissions to ensure principal's requirements are met.
- Identify, draft, prepare and/or obtain required travel documentation, including passports, visas, official correspondence, and unclassified trip cards.
- Consult with Office of Medical Services to determine if principal's immunizations are current; schedule appointments to obtain immunizations if required.
- Prepare travel accounting for principal's review and submission.
Support mandatory compliance/training requirements
- Prepare and submit any mandatory or other reporting documentation on behalf of principal.
- Confirm principal's mandatory or other training requirements. Advise and remind principal of requirements and deadlines for completion.
General Office Support
- Track administrative support-related actions; monitor and follow up on assigned action to ensure completion.
- Serve as time and attendance (T&A) timekeeper. Monitor T&A's each pay period to ensure completion, certification and authorization, and notify appropriate staff officers for action within deadlines.
- Monitor arriving and departing personnel to ensure check-in/check-out procedures are completed. Ensure shared drive and database accesses are granted or removed accordingly. Update email groups and maintain phone directories/rolodex of key contacts.
- Support a variety of other office functions (e.g., mail screening and distribution, vault custodian duties, maintaining conference room calendars, office supplies, office equipment maintenance to include trouble-shooting basic problems, arranging repairs, and guiding others on equipment use).
- Coordinate office events (e.g., All-Hands meetings, promotion/award ceremonies, off-sites) in collaboration with office management/support staff.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Three years of progressively responsible administrative support experience.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Work is typically performed in an office environment, requiring the use of computer terminals and standard office equipment to accomplish work objectives. Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time. The position may also require lifting, pushing and/or carrying equipment averaging 30+ lbs.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel) and other tools in order to format correspondence and other documents for ease of presentation.
- Basic knowledge of travel activities to support planning and scheduling of travel arrangements.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, sufficient to convey routine ideas and information on technical/administrative mission-related issues in a well-organized, logical, concise, credible and courteous manner that is appropriate for the situation, topic, and listener and consistent with the principal's perspective or position.
- Writing skills sufficient to compose accurate, clear, and concise soft and hard copy written products on routine subjects, tailored for the audience.
- Preferred: Associates or Bachelor's Degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to obtain and apply:
- Basic knowledge of mission priorities to maintain and deconflict calendars and to determine threshold issues that need to rise to the principal's attention.
- Basic knowledge of customer/IC protocol for contacting senior executives.
- Basic knowledge of customer/IC structure, regulations, policies and protocols to represent principal and to complete routine tasks.
- Basic knowledge of the roles, responsibilities, and interrelatedness of the supported principal's organization, the IC, the organizations and executives with whom the principal regularly interacts, and working knowledge of the principal's role in relation to each.
- Basic knowledge of customer and IC administrative processes, policies, and procedures, and internal support discipline applications and databases to fulfill duties, and teach other administrative support personnel.
- Basic knowledge of current practices associated with filing and tracking systems, including rapid storage and retrieval of information
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.