Front Desk Agent Jobs Vacancy in Courtyard Marroitt Jackson
Courtyard Marroitt Jackson urgently required following position for Front Desk Agent. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Front Desk Agent Jobs Vacancy in Courtyard Marroitt Jackson Jobs Details:
Provide excellent guest service in an efficient, courteous professional manner; follow Marriott standards of friendly hospitality while adhering to guidelines and procedures. Execute selling strategies to enhance the hotel revenue. PRE REQUISITES Guest Service Representatives have access to guestrooms and property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate security clearance, per company policy.
- Experience in service, sales, telesales or guest relations type of industry is helpful, not mandatory.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating. For this position specifically:
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Knowledge in:
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operation, type of rooms, locations, rates, discounts.
- Frequent Stay Program
- Reservations procedures including cancellations and acknowledge guest
- Phone etiquette and answering procedures, be able to answer inquiries of shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions.
- Daily hotel operations, check daily events, bulletin boards and be up to date on changes, new procedures and events.
- Manager on Duty functions when necessary or as scheduled
- Computer literate to thoroughly operate property management system: post charges, compute bills, collect payment and make change.
- Multi task, remain associate and guest service centric.
- Communicate with guests, co-workers receiving and transmitting mail, phone and written messages and relay pertinent information using communication log books.
- Assist with guest issues with professionalism, maintaining hospitable attitude.
- Greet and register guests, provide room assignments, maintain guest privacy, and accommodate special request when possible.
- Promote and sell services/amenities of the hotel.
- Promote repeat business by offering to take future reservations and providing recommendations for alternate same brand-type products.
- Be aware of potential sales leads and contacts thorough guest interaction. Report information to the appropriate individual.
- Keep housekeeping and other departments informed of any special requests, late check-outs, and special needs areas.
- Check all credit cards for validity before the end of the shift.
- Learn and utilize PMS.
- Ensure all cash, check and miscellaneous departments are in balance at shifts end.
- Assist in other areas: F & B, cleanliness of property wherever assistance is needed for guest satisfaction.
- Help maintain a clean and professional lobby, dining area; dusting vacuuming, cleaning tables, etc.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Practice safety standards at all times and be alert to hazardous conditions. Report or correct any hazardous conditions immediately.
- Report any unusual occurrences or request to the manager.
- Maintain certification from a responsible vendor training if alcohol is served.
- Be flexible in regard to work schedule, understanding hospitality is a 24/7 industry and evenings/weekends may be required.
- Utilize Service Recovery Log and other necessary communication logs from shift to shift.
- Maintain stock/cleanliness in the market area.
- Other duties as assigned, of which the associate is capable of performing.
WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly professional image. Where applicable, follow approved laundry procedures, ensure understanding of operation of washers and dryers. Assist with folding linen according to proper standards.
Job Type: Full-time
- hotel front desk: 1 year