System Operator Trainee Jobs Vacancy in Grand River Dam Authority Locust Grove
Grand River Dam Authority Locust Grove urgently required following position for System Operator Trainee. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
System Operator Trainee Jobs Vacancy in Grand River Dam Authority Locust Grove Jobs Details:
This is an exempt position training to perform system operation duties for the Transmission System Operation Department of the Grand River Dam Authority as required by SPP, NERC and FERC requirements to maintain the reliability of the Bulk Electric System.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Complete an 18 month Operator In Training (OIT) program or required training depending on proven background knowledge
- Trained for complying with NERC reliability standards
- Trained to regulate control area; voltage, frequency, and transmission line loading by Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) computer
- Trained to develop Operational Planning Assessment for Day ahead forecast and utilize RTCA to develop mitigations for potential SOL exccedance
- Trained to supervise the restoration of service following an interruption through SCADA and manual switching of equipment by dispatching generation and/or transmission field personnel to remote switching stations to isolate damaged lines or equipment
- Trained to review, coordinate and arrange the clearance and restoration of high voltage transmission lines, substations, transformers, and generation units through switching procedures while ensuring the safety of field personnel and the reliability of the Bulk Electric System
- Trained to monitor system alarms through SCADA, TSM-8000, and responds accordingly
- The ability to work rotating 12 hour shifts including holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Special tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an electrical field from an accredited college or university and/or equivalent electrical industry experience
- Current NERC certification as a Reliability Coordinator or the ability to acquire within 6 months
- The ability to learn to operate SCADA computer equipment related to the operation of a NERC-Certified Energy Control Center
- Functional competency with personal computers; prefer experience with Excel and Word and must possess and demonstrate excellent writing and composition skills
- The ability to work in a high stress environment and make decisions under extreme time constraints while meeting GRDA and NERC standards
Work is performed primarily at the Kerr Energy Control Center near Locust Grove, Oklahoma.
GRDA provides all state benefits:
- Monthly benefit allowance for health insurance for employee and family
- Dental, life and disability for employee (vision is optional); all are available for family
- Paid State Holidays
- Sick and Annual Leave (15 days each)
- Student Loan reimbursement program
- Matching up to 7% on 401k
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $7,333.33 /month