Administrative Specialist Current Children Services Employees Jobs Vacancy in Hillsborough County Tampa
- Administrative Specialist Current Children Services Employees
- Hillsborough County
- Tampa FL
- 18 Jun, 2018 30+ days ago
Hillsborough County Tampa urgently required following position for Administrative Specialist Current Children Services Employees. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Specialist Current Children Services Employees Jobs Vacancy in Hillsborough County Tampa Jobs Details:
WHY JOIN US
Hillsborough County Government provides employees with careers that are both professionally and personally rewarding. With a wide range of independent agencies to choose from, the opportunities within Hillsborough County Government are endless! You are not just an employee within the government, you are an ambassador and business partner making a huge impact within our community that helps shape our future.
WHY WE EXIST
Our mission is to provide effective quality service at a reasonable cost with courtesy, integrity and accountability in a manner that protects and enhances the quality of life of our diverse population.
Two years of administrative/secretarial experience.
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This job is performed in a professional office environment.
- This job is largely a sedentary role.
- This job may require an incumbent to lift boxes up to 30 pounds, open filing cabinets, and bend/stand as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Performs various complex administrative, secretarial, and confidential functions and duties supporting a section/divisional manager or senior divisional manager, and other professional staff.
- Composes, proofreads and edits correspondence, memos, spreadsheets, minutes, logs, and reports in final form, for approval or signature of divisional manager or senior divisional manager.
- Reviews and distributes for the divisional manager or senior divisional manager, detailed incoming and outgoing mail, electronic mail, correspondence, and statements.
- Schedules, coordinates and prepares meetings, meeting materials/handouts, appointments and conferences for divisional manager or senior divisional manager.
- Accesses and secures restricted, sensitive and confidential records or information.
- Researches and responds to requests for information and assistance, and determines priority status and refers to divisional manager or senior divisional manager, or other professional staff, as needed.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates division wide activities required by divisional manager or senior divisional manager, and other professional staff.
- May provide guidance and training, and review the work of others to ensure accuracy, completion and timeliness; may supervise lower level administrative/clerical staff.
- May take and transcribe dictation, verbally or from electronic sources; may take department meeting minutes for divisional manager or senior divisional manager.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of procedures, policies, and rules of assigned division or unit.
- Knowledge of processing administrative and secretarial procedures, such as word processing, files and records maintenance, transcription, and other related procedures.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Skill in the use of computers, computer related software or programs, local networks, databases and internet search engines.
- Skill in communication and effective writing.
- Ability to transcribe documents and information from different sources.
- Ability to handle restricted, sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to serve the public and represent the County with courtesy and professionalism.
- Ability to effectively lead or supervise lower-level administrative/clerical staff.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*