Experienced Warehouse Forklift Driver Jobs Vacancy in Best Yet Express Gardena
Best Yet Express Gardena urgently required following position for Experienced Warehouse Forklift Driver. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Experienced Warehouse Forklift Driver Jobs Vacancy in Best Yet Express Gardena Jobs Details:
Innovative and Fast growing logistics company seeks experienced Part-Time, Dock Worker for evening (swing).
We are a fast-growing logistics company, founded over 30 years ago. We pride ourselves in providing excellent trucking and warehousing services and are seeking to hire an experienced Warehouseman as soon as possible. This candidate will join a team of workers to efficiently load and unload tractor trailers and bobtail trucks, transfer inventory to and from the warehouse, and ensure inventory accuracy. This is an evening position with a 2:00 pm start time.
The successful candidate must be forklift certified, have a minimum of two years’ experience in the trucking industry, and able to complete basic math calculations.
We are looking for a long-term employee; someone who wants to really be part of our company. There is plenty of room for growth for those who show interest.
Description of Essential Job Functions:
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand as needed.
- Work with dockworkers to ensure freight is loaded accurately and efficiently according to respective documents.
- Safely climb in and out of trailers.
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs frequently and greater than 75 lbs., occasionally).
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g. pallets, straps, rope).
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery.
- Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
- Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
Prior dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry is a plus.
- Forklift certification required
- Prior experience loading and unloading trailers preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to bend, twist, squat, pushing/pulling freight throughout shift.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
- Pass a company paid Post Offer Pre-Hire screen (physical essential functions) test.
Best Yet Express offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees. This package includes Health, Vision and Dental Insurance, in addition to paid time off, holidays, and 401(k).
Job Type: Full-time
- trucking industry: 2 years
- Forklift Operator: 2 years