Database Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Consulting Phoenix
Consulting Phoenix urgently required following position for Database Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Database Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Consulting Phoenix Jobs Details:
Relocation to Rancho Cordova, CA provided!
- Administer, maintain, develop and implement policies and procedures for ensuring theavailability, performance, and integrity of the company database.
- Assist data modeling to design and implement data structures which meet the businessrequirement for timely, accurate data
- Promote data quality and enforce data integrity
- Resolve database performance issues, capacity issues, replication, and other distributeddata issues
- Determine user requirements, set up and test computer databases, and coordinatechanges
- Interact with development and end-user personnel to determine application data accessrequirements, transaction rates, volume analysis, and other pertinent data required todevelop and maintain integrated
Responsibilities and Duties
- As a Senior Rdb Database Administrator for you will play a significant role in the design,implementation and maintenance of production databases.
- You will be responsible for monitoring daily database activities and overall performance,growth and tuning configurations as well as the security of the database.
- You will be a self-starter and will be required to cover after-hours/weekend on-callrotations in addition to standard work hours.
- Assume primary ownership for the build, data management, access and permissionsand roles requests submitted and work with the application team and manager onprioritization
- Provide Database Administration and support of Oracle Rdb databases.Implement and support Administration tasks such as backup and recovery procedures,database utilities, and data replication technologies for both PROD and NON-PRODenvironments
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance to application developmentteams for Oracle Rdb related issues.
- Log, schedule and track all changes using change management system tools
- Responsible for all corrections to the database infrastructure and for repairs,maintenance and periodic reorganization of Rdb databases
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of related experience with OpenVMS and Oracle Rdb.
- OpenVMS Integrity experience including OpenVMS 8.4-2x.
- Oracle Rdb 7.3, ODBC, SQL/services, RMU Show Statistics, RMU Backup/Restore, Rdbdatabase reorganization, hashed indexes, sorted ranked indexes, after-image journaling& recovery, Rdb upgrades.
- In-depth understanding of OpenVMS & Oracle Rdb performance tuning concepts,proficiency with OpenVMS DCL and CA Job Scheduler.
- Troubleshooting & analysis experience
- ACMS experience is not required but highly desirable (a plus).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $83,000.00 /year
- OpenVMS: 3 years
- OpenVMS Integrity: 1 year
- RDB DBA: 3 years