Clean Transportation And Energy Associate Jobs Vacancy in Gladstein Neandross Associates Santa Monica
Gladstein Neandross Associates Santa Monica urgently required following position for Clean Transportation And Energy Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Clean Transportation And Energy Associate Jobs Vacancy in Gladstein Neandross Associates Santa Monica Jobs Details:
Gladstein, Neandross & Associates (GNA) is seeking an Associate to join its Programs Department. Successful applicants will possess exceptional communication, organizational, analytical, and customer service skills. Candidates must have a “can-do” attitude, willingness to work hard in order to get the job done in a deadline-driven environment, and a passion for delivering excellence. Must be a self-starter, with the ability to anticipate and fulfill supervisor and client needs. Candidates must possess a strong work ethic and the ability to adapt and remain calm when facing unforeseen challenges. Interdisciplinary, entrepreneurial thinkers with the ability to communicate complex ideas on paper to diverse audiences and a passion for knowledge and learning will absolutely thrive in our office and with our clients.
Successful candidates must: have an anything-it-takes approach; have the ability to time-manage and juggle multiple important projects; be curious and tenacious in the pursuit of knowledge; and have exceptional written communication and time management skills. Professional experience is preferred, and the right candidate will demonstrate a clear history of initiative, problem-solving, and results-driven excellence in all personal, academic, and professional endeavors.
This position will consist mostly of Grant Tracking, Writing, and Reporting , which includes the following job responsibilities:
- Support GNA’s highly successful grant writing and funding procurement team.
- Track alternative fuel and advanced technology grant opportunities in assigned regions of the country, write grants as a team under guidance from management, and complete grant reporting compliance activities for grant funds obtained on behalf clients.
- Assist public agencies in reviewing grant applications.
- Exceptional organizational and writing skills are critical for a candidate that is interested in this position.
Additional job duties could include:
- Research : Conduct primary and secondary research on a broad spectrum of market, technical, and policy issues and assist in the development and production of high quality reports which provide this research to either specific or broad audiences.
- Communications: Prepare regular memos on project status for clients and for staff. Create publication-quality and client-ready written reports, marketing materials, correspondence, grant applications, presentations, and other communications that clearly and concisely summarize project goals, accomplishments and recommendations in the most compelling manner for the appropriate audience.
- Client Relations: Professionally interact with industry contacts and clients on a regular basis, understand their business needs, provide consistent and well-prepared status reports on deliverables, manage and address unexpected developments, and communicate research and recommendations in a confidence-inspiring manner.
- Project management: Provide efficient and cost-effective results on both client and company projects. Must be capable of independently setting, tracking, and reporting on progress related for multiple project and billable hour goals. Must regularly report on progress, challenges, and approach to team leaders and management.
- Outreach and Organization: Develop and implement strategies to communicate the objective of projects to diverse audiences, including business, government, non-profit organizations and community groups. Conduct surveying, data gathering, and informational awareness campaigns via telephone, internet, in person, and other outreach strategies. Interface directly with a variety of contacts in to gather information for various projects.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Education: A BA or BS from a top-tier school and a strong potential for professional success is required. Candidates with or without degrees will be considered if they possess an exemplary record of success, leadership, and expertise relevant to our needs.
- Professional Experience: 1-2 years of experience in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments are required. Experience working with alternative fuels, advanced transportation technology, renewable energy, air quality, or energy policy is a plus.
- Skills: Exceptional leadership, management, writing, research, analytical, communication, public speaking and presentation, organization, facilitation, and interpersonal skills. In addition to a strong technical/analytical background and top-notch communications skills, an excellent grasp of business strategy, marketing methods, organizational and leadership issues is also necessary. Must be able to learn from constructive criticism and adapt to rapidly-changing project needs and priorities.
- Expertise: Technical and analytical expertise in the environmental and/or energy domain, combined with some communications, or public relations experience a plus.
- Language: Fluency in English is required and Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to Travel: Travel may be required.
Compensation and Benefits:
The position will offer a competitive and attractive compensation package that includes a base salary with the opportunity for a bonus based on performance and results produced.
Full benefits package including medical, dental, disability and insurance. We also offer a 401k Plans.
Qualified candidates should provide a cover letter, resume, two (2) relevant writing samples and minimum salary requirements. Be sure to include “ASSOCIATE POSITION” in the subject line of your email.
There is no relocation assistance for this position. You may also send your application packet by U.S. Mail or submit it in person at our Santa Monica, CA offices at 2525 Ocean Park Blvd, Suite 200, Santa Monica, CA 90405.
About Gladstein, Neandross & Associates
Founded in 1993 and headquartered in Santa Monica, California and New York, New York, Gladstein, Neandross & Associates (GNA) helps many of the nation’s leading businesses and government agencies develop and implement policies and technologies that reduce pollution and the use of conventional petroleum products.
GNA works with clients - including corporations, utilities, public agencies and non-governmental organizations - to encourage private and public support for the increased use of alternative fuels in transportation, renewable energy sources in power generation, and accelerating development and integration of advanced energy technologies into our economy.
GNA’s success results from our: wide-ranging experience; commitment to excellence; technical expertise; in-depth understanding of public policy and available grant funding programs; and extensive strategic relationships with industry, government, environmental groups and impacted communities. For more information about GNA, visit: www.gladstein.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year
- proposal or grant writing: 1 year
- analysis of government regulations and policy: 1 year
- clean transportation/energy: 1 year
- production set to a fixed deadline: 1 year
- advocacy: 1 year
- ARC GIS or similar software: 1 year
- Microsoft Word: 1 year
- musical instrument: 1 year