Office Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Upmc Pittsburgh
Upmc Pittsburgh urgently required following position for Office Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Office Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Upmc Pittsburgh Jobs Details:
UPMC's Community Medicine Incorporated is actively seeking an Office Assistant to make an immediate impact supporting their Solano & Kokales Practice! This persons responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Responsible for making and scheduling patient appointments in an efficient and timely manner. Assists customers in person and on the phone, providing information, and communicating with various departments. Obtains and enters complete demographic and insurance information.
EPIC experience is strongly preferred. Apply today!
- Answer questions regarding patient appointments and testing.
- Answer telephone, screens calls, takes messages, and provides information.
- Complete necessary paperwork such as encounter forms and referrals. Use computer system to generate information necessary for billing.
- Complies with all UPMC Health System and Presbyterian/Shadyside policies and procedures. Maintain strict confidentiality related to medical records and other data.
- Greet and register patients in a polite, prompt, helpful manner. Provide any necessary instructions/directions. Inform appropriate department/person of person's arrival performing appropriate check-in and check-out functions.
- Maintain and update current information on physician's schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled properly and appointments are confirmed.
- Maintain clean, orderly waiting area including beverage area and reading materials.
- Prepare patient charts for upcoming appointments.
- Schedule, coordinate, and reschedule patients appointments. Relay necessary messages to staff and providers.
- Utilize appropriate modules of the automated financial management system for scheduling, information verification, entering charges, co-payment collection/ reconciliation and other tasks.
- Verify necessary information and records in the medical record and computerized scheduling system.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- One year work experience, preferably in a medical office setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Word processing and computer experience preferred.
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance