Finance Manager Jobs Vacancy in Octo Consulting Group Reston
Octo Consulting Group Reston urgently required following position for Finance Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Finance Manager Jobs Vacancy in Octo Consulting Group Reston Jobs Details:
Octo Consulting Group is seeking a Finance Manager to join our growing team in Reston, VA. The Finance Manager will have responsibility for managing financial planning and analysis. This includes budgeting, forecasting, cost control, contingency planning, and financial analysis support of Business Units. This position will report directly to the Director of Finance. Standard monthly financial analyses will include; business unit reviews, portfolio analysis, indirect rate variances, and budget to actual variances. Ad hoc projects may include: strategic planning support, indirect rate analysis, and audit support.
The Finance Manager may also support the proposal and pricing team by identifying risks, and interpreting solicitation requirements. This individual may take a lead role in ensuring proposal pricing documentation and files are maintained and compliant with solicitation requirements.
- Active participant, as a member of the financial operations staff, in key operational business decisions and financial planning.
- Advise Senior Management on financial planning, and business decisions providing critical assessment of inputs. Such as, leading revenue recognition reporting/forecasting and forecast of active project revenues and costs.
- Lead the annual budgeting process and quarterly forecasting process.
- Provide timely and accurate financial information to Senior Management.
- Lead effort to educate and institutionalize active PnL management of Projects by working closely with Business unit manager, Program and Project managers
- Develop online training and educational training tools for better financial management of projects
- Furnish timely and accurate forecast information – EBITDA, Operating Cash Flow, Business Development expenditures, and other capital spend.
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting for key performance and corporate health metrics.
- Perform financial evaluation of corporate investments including productivity of these corporate investments.
- Support the development of a scalable and integrated proposal pricing process with finance and business development.
- Participate in the proposal pricing process to include: pricing guidance to capture team, support development of subcontractor rates, review bid margins, analyze and compile cost data, and prepare price submissions.
- Prepare timely, accurate and compliant pricing models and lead the preparation of price/cost volume documents in a collaborative manner.
- Maintain cost models and cost estimating processes.
- Responsible for development and supervision of finance staff.
- Working flexible hours in a deadline-driven environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5-7 years, minimum, of experience in financial management/operational budget and planning
- 2-5+ years, minimum, of experience in employee management/supervision
- 2-5+ years, minimum, of experience pricing professional services contracts to the Federal Government to include the following:
- Working knowledge of all contract types including FFP, CPFF, CPAF and T&M
- Exposure to Government Cost Accounting Principles and the FAR
- Advanced level experience with MS Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience producing and delivering appropriate communications to the executive level
- Proven track record of successfully working with executive level management
- Experience in the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and research multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- High level of ability to perform tasks with minimum supervision
- Accounting system experience a plus
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Experience in a client-service environment
- Mid to Large Government Contracting experience
- Experience developing project pricing models and performing scenario analysis
About Octo Consulting Group, Inc.
Octo Consulting Group (Octo) is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of digital services for the federal government. Octo specializes in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
Other Considerations: This position is W-2 only; no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates. US citizenship is mandatory, per contract clearance requirements. Relocation will not be offered. Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
For more information please visit: