Interdisciplinary Genengr Mechengr Electronengr Matengr Aerospaceengr Jobs Vacancy in Department The Army Charlottesville
- Interdisciplinary Genengr Mechengr Electronengr Matengr Aerospaceengr
- Department The Army
- Charlottesville VA
- 07 Dec, 2017 30+ days ago
Department The Army Charlottesville urgently required following position for Interdisciplinary Genengr Mechengr Electronengr Matengr Aerospaceengr. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Interdisciplinary Genengr Mechengr Electronengr Matengr Aerospaceengr Jobs Vacancy in Department The Army Charlottesville Jobs Details:
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25 . This position is located at the ST-APF-W6TMAA US ARMY NAT GROUND INTL C.
WARNING: DO NOT INCLUDE CLASSIFIED INFORMATION IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKET! Application packages that contain Classified information WILL NOT receive consideration for this position. Should you submit a resume or any other document as part of your application package and it is confirmed that any of the information is Classified, in addition to being found ineligible for consideration for this position, your Security Office will be notified to determine if any further action is warranted.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 10-Point Other Veterans? Rating
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- 5-Point Veterans' Preference
- Current Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current DoD Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Disabled Veteran w/ a Service-Connected Disability, More than 10%, Less than 30%
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Prior Federal Service Employee
- United States Citizen Applying to a DCIPS Position
Army DCIPS positions apply Veteran's Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement.
Responsibilities THIS IS A DEVELOPMENTAL POSITION HIRING AT THE GG-07 LEVEL ONLY WITH FULL PERFORMANCE LEVEL (FPL) TO THE GG-12 LEVEL. Employee may be promoted non-competitively to the next grade level upon meeting the following requirements: (1) Satisfactory demonstration of the ability to perform at the developmental/target grade. (2) If there is higher level work at the developmental/target grade level. (3) Assignment of increased responsibilities. (4) Recommendation for promotion by supervisor. (5) Satisfactory completion of all required training. (6) Completion of all DCIPS regulatory requirements for promotions. Consequently, promotion(s) are not guaranteed.
In this position, the incumbent will serve as a developmental intelligence S&TI analyst or engineer, with responsibility for production of finished scientific and technical (S&T) intelligence products, including forecasts and overall capabilities assessments on foreign unmanned aerial systems (UAS) and state-of-the-art emergent technologies. The position's analysis and production includes the characterization of developmental and operational UAS, their technology, subsystems and components, supporting RDT&E infrastructure, and the effects these factors have on the system's technical/tactical capability and UAS weapon class trends. Analytical emphasis will be placed specifically on analysis of aircraft performance, aerodynamics, flight control, propulsion/dynamic components, and the impact of these technologies on tactical capability; full characterization of sub-system design and performance; prediction of future capabilities and effectiveness; and identification of vulnerabilities for exploitation/threat mitigation by US materiel solutions. Incumbant will have a knowledge of commercially available unmanned aerial systems, sub-components, and/or technologies that could be employed in military applications, foundational academic and/or practical expertise that will enable analysis and/or modeling of UAS characterization and performance (e.g., range, payload, endurance, etc.)as well as an understanding of helicopter/rotary-wing aircraft aerodynamic principles; aircraft design; UAS flight control principles, including third party software applications, and their effect on aircraft performance.
Travel Required Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Supervisory status No
Promotion Potential 12
Who May Apply This job is open to… U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- Job family (Series)
0801 General Engineering
0806 Materials Engineering
0830 Mechanical Engineering
0855 Electronics Engineering
0861 Aerospace Engineering
- Aircraft Design Engineers
- Engineers, Aircraft Design
Conditions of Employment
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) will not be authorized.
- Drug testing requirement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- All INSCOM employees may be subject to extended TDY or worldwide deployments during crisis situations to perform mission essential functions as determined by management.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI/SBI security clearance.
- Temporary Duty Travel (TDY) may be required up to 25% of the time.
- In accordance with Change 3 to AR 600-85, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program, individual must successfully pass a urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to appointment and periodically thereafter.
Qualifications In order to qualify, you must meet the education and or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes applying knowledge of the principles, concepts, and techniques of a complex Science and Technology (S&T) intelligence subject area to produce targeted S&T intelligence projects utilizing innovative analytical methods. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GG/GS-05).
Education: One full year of graduate level education in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position, such as: International Relations, Foreign Area Studies, Political Science, Geography, Foreign Affairs, International Law, History, Economics, Demography, Engineering, Law Sociology, Psychology, Military Science, Cartography Social or Cultural Anthropology or Physical and/or Chemical Science.
Superior Academic Achievement. In order to be creditable under this provision, Superior Academic Achievement must have been gained in a curriculum that is qualifying for the position to be filled, such as that identified in Education above. Superior Academic Achievement is based on:
(1) Class Standing - Applicants must be in the upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision, such as the College of Liberal Arts or the School of Business Administration, based on completed courses; OR (2) Grade-Point Average (G.P.A.) - Applicants must have a grade-point average of either (a) 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B" or better) as recorded on your official transcript, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum; or (b) 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B+" or better) based on the average of the required courses completed in the major field or the required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum.; OR (3) Honor Society Membership - Applicants may be considered eligible based on membership in one of the approved national scholastic honor societies listed by the Association of College Honor Societies (https://www.achsnatl.org/).
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) by 18. Add the two percentages.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Administration and Production Management
- Customer Service
- Intelligence Production Process
Education Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 16 position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Background checks and security clearance Security clearance Top Secret/SCI
- Required Documents
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply:
Applicant Merit Checklist
Proof of Eligibility
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
- Your resume may be submitted in any format.
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
Proof of Eligibility to Apply: Your application must include the documents which prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the Who May Apply section above to receive further consideration.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
- Benefits for federal employees
- Healthcare insurance
- Pay and leave
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.