Research Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Norc The University Chicago Bethesda
Norc The University Chicago Bethesda urgently required following position for Research Scientist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Research Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Norc The University Chicago Bethesda Jobs Details:
The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research is seeking a dynamic and innovative researcher with expertise in the areas of elections research, data journalism, public opinion research, media audience research, and/or youth research to support the development of our expanding public affairs research practice. The Research Scientist’s primary responsibilities include working closely with the Center’s leadership team to develop new research specializations and projects, identify new business opportunities, develop and maintain funder and client relationships, and secure contracts and grants for research and journalism initiatives.
The position can be located in any of our offices, preferably Chicago, IL or Bethesda MD.
The AP-NORC Center is a joint research initiative created by The Associated Press (AP) and NORC at the University of Chicago. The Center combines the expertise of NORC, one of the world’s premier social science research organizations, with the unparalleled reach of AP, the essential global news network whose news reports are seen every day over all media platforms and formats by more than half the world’s population. The Center’s mission is to conduct rigorous research on key social problems and policy issues and to disseminate this research widely using the full power of AP’s global reach, thereby providing insight for informed decision-making.
- Providing research expertise and serving as a subject matter expert to obtain funding for, plan, and execute research studies.
- Contributing to strategic projects, including the new AP VoteCast product, by providing technical input and direction to staff regarding research design, questionnaire content, data analysis, and study conclusions.
- Independently drafting and managing contract proposals and grant applications including estimating project budgets.
- Communicating effectively with key strategic partners inside and outside of NORC, as well as current and prospective funders and clients to advance the Center’s strategic initiatives.
- Conducting business development research and using business intelligence tools to evaluate specific opportunities.
- Managing small teams to carry out strategic initiatives and business development opportunities, including monitoring and oversight of finances and administration for the projects.
- Serving as a primary funder and client contact for overall project quality and delivery.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's or PhD strongly preferred.
- At least 6 years experience managing client relationships, complex projects, and budgetary oversight in academic research, consulting, market research, public relations, private sector, or non-profit settings.
- Candidates should have experience with the design and execution of social science research and disseminating research findings across a variety of platforms. Specific experience in news consumer research and trends in journalism preferred, but not required.
- A demonstrated record of developing new business relationships and securing funding from non-profit and commercial organizations.
- The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills and an aptitude in leading and working with project teams as well as coordinating on work conducted across the Center.
- Training in an array of social science, journalism, and marketing disciplines will be considered.