Administrative Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Illinois State University Normal
Illinois State University Normal urgently required following position for Administrative Clerk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Illinois State University Normal Jobs Details:
- Ability to establish a cooperative working relationship with faculty, staff, and students.
- Excellent knowledge of computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Accounting, Calendar/Scheduling, Database, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Word Processing, Spreadsheet software
- Confidentiality is essential for this position.
- Ability to maintain composure and provide good service in handling student and staff issues in all situations including when the student or staff member is having a difficult day.
- Strong communication (oral and written), leadership and supervisory skills and experience.
- Experience in negotiating contracts for services and goods.
- Knowledge of University administrative methods, policies, and office administration practices.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment in order to analyze and investigate a variety of questions and issues, some of which may be sensitive and confidential in nature.
- Ability to multi-task; prioritize projects and complete on or before the due date.
- Strong organizational skills including ability to maintain paper and electronic files for fast and easy access.
2. Any one or any combination of the following types of preparation:
(a) work experience performing duties at the Chief Clerk level or in other positions of comparable responsibility
(b) work experience performing duties at the Staff Clerk level or in other positions of comparable responsibility
that totals 1.0 unit according to the following conversion rates:
4 years of "a" = 1.0 unit
2 years of "b" = 1.0 unit.
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and the ability to create and edit postings.
- Knowledge of or potential to learn ONE database, Campus Solutions, Cognos, Datatel, Reggienet, FormStack, and Qualtrics.
- Budgeting skills.
- Expertise in setting up events, working with caterers, vendors, and campus facilities.
- Expertise in writing and editing copy.