Geotechnical Intern Jobs Vacancy in Fugro Houston
Fugro Houston urgently required following position for Geotechnical Intern. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Geotechnical Intern Jobs Vacancy in Fugro Houston Jobs Details:
Fugro’s GeoConsulting Service Line merges the talents of Fugro’s Geophysics, Geology, Geohazards and Geotechnical Engineering resources. Our staff perform integrated engineering and geological investigations by combining geophysical, geological, geotechnical and geochemical information to develop a holistic understanding of seabed conditions as they relate to subsea engineering issues associated with offshore energy development.
Fugro is currently seeking a geotechnical intern to provide summer support to our GeoConsulting team in Houston, TX, part of the world’s foremost geo-intelligence company, with capabilities that range from state-of-the-art data collection to sophisticated modeling and engineering analysis. The successful candidate will be organized and detail-oriented. You will work in the office and laboratory to help staff and project engineers on various project activities related to oil and gas field development.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Assist laboratory technicians perform standard and advanced geotechnical testing on soil and rock samples.
- Support interpretation of test data and derivation of soil parameters for use in geotechnical engineering analysis.
- Perform standard offshore engineering design calculations as required, including but not limited to slope stability analysis, shallow and deep foundation analysis, and pipe-soil interaction analysis.
- Prepare data plots and text for engineering reporting.
- High School Diploma
- In the process of obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Engineering Geology.
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office software and ability to quickly learn job-specific software applications.
- Good writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- Completion of a pre-employment physical exam and drug screen.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.