Structured Finance Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Navient Reston
Navient Reston urgently required following position for Structured Finance Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Structured Finance Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Navient Reston Jobs Details:
Join our team for an exciting opportunity as a Structured Finance Analyst at our Reston, VA Office. The S tructured Finance Analyst supports the corporation's asset backed funding program by maintaining financial models, structuring transactions that meet market and rating agency requirements and performing analysis that will allow the corporation to enhance and grow its asset-backed securitization (ABS) program.
The analyst will need to have a good understanding of financial markets and develop an understanding of the companies' assets and financing vehicles. The analyst should have a thorough understanding of discounted cash flow analysis and the ability to apply financial modeling techniques to student loan portfolios and financing instruments.
The analyst will interact with the Manager, Financial Modeling to utilize MS Office-based financial models for cash flow analysis. This requires knowledge of the factors that impact the timing and level of cash inflows and outflows. Additionally, the analyst will need to develop an understanding of the laws and regulations governing the student loan program that are critical for accurate model development.
The individual will have a background in finance or economics and familiarity with applications related to modeling and analysis, especially Microsoft Excel and Access. Background in VBA, SQL and/or SAS is an additional helpful qualification. While we use an internally developed modeling platform, familiarity with Intex will be a benefit in learning our models. The position requires the analyst to be able to formulate valid assumptions, accurately structure complex financial models, and effectively interpret model results. The Analyst must have the ability to solve basic programming problems that are encountered in the development of reports and valuation tools.
The Analyst must have the ability to think clearly and independently, engaging in self-directed research to execute timely and efficient deliverables. The Analyst must be able to work in a detail-oriented manner, emphasizing flawless execution in all they do. The Analyst must have the creativity and critical thinking skills necessary to develop a sophisticated and thorough understanding of the many modeling solutions in use. The individual will need to interact internally with the other members of the Corporate Finance group, Legal and Accounting departments as well as externally with rating agency analysts and investment bankers. The individual must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and management of the Corporate Finance team. The individual is expected to build a thorough knowledge of the operations of Navient and its business practices over a short period.
1. Transaction Support
- Prepare rating agency presentations
- Prepare stratification reports for the prospectus
- Act as a resource to Corporate Finance, Navient, and other model users or impacted parties
- Running monthly and quarterly cashflow analysis provided to Bloomberg and internal runs provided to the Accounting department
- Periodic portfolio reporting as needed to support existing transaction mechanisms, such as remarketing
- Assist with the reporting and analysis of existing securitizations
- Perform ad-hoc cashflow analysis of potential transactions
- Cashflow analysis and reporting as-needed for Rating Agency queries
- Create new waterfall models for Trust Operations
- Support existing waterfall models
- Work with the Financial Models group to understand and implement new modelling applications
- Enhance documentation Requirements
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-3 years' experience with financial modeling/analysis
- 1-3 years' experience in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Financial analysis, statistical, and modeling skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a federal government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
Location Reston, VA
Date Posted Feb 6, 2018