Engineer Portland Jobs Vacancy in Vacasa Portland
Vacasa Portland urgently required following position for Engineer Portland. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Engineer Portland Jobs Vacancy in Vacasa Portland Jobs Details:
What We're Looking For:
The preferred candidate is an experienced QA Engineer (at least 3 years) with a focus on manual / exploratory testing but also has history in migrating those manual tests toward automated ones. This position requires frequently interacting with agile scrum teams, testing functional increments of software, formalizing test plans, and managing production releases. The ideal candidate is passionate about testing in a highly collaborative team environment creating next-generation components. Must possess a high level of motivation for ongoing learning and self-improvement.
What You'll Do:
- Design, develop, and execute manual / exploratory tests
- Migrate existing manual tests toward automated unit and integration tests
- Write new and comprehensive automated tests where possible
- Develop and update test strategies / plans
- Write meaningful defect reports to varied audiences
- Work with test leads to ensure teams deliver to timelines with a high degree of quality
- Advocate for the customer and stakeholders during the entire development cycle of new production releases
- Communicate clearly to a technical as well as non-technical audience
- Manage product / code releases on a daily and sometimes on-call basis
- 3+ years' experience in performing software testing highly preferred
- Strong debugging / troubleshooting skills
- Required to have strong team collaboration skills
- Solid understanding of various testing methodologies' pros and cons
- Solid database knowledge (MySQL preferred)
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience testing web-based applications strongly preferred
- Experience testing PHP- or Python-based applications strongly preferred
- Basic understanding of PHP syntax and MVC preferred
- Basic familiarity with coding conventions and PSR-2 a plus
- Experience testing mobile applications and/or APIs a strong plus
Here at Vacasa, we help travelers experience unforgettable vacations. When you grow as quickly as we have been, every day is an exciting one. We embrace opportunities, and have a tendency to hand out responsibilities to our employees to see how they can stretch and challenge themselves. This is a place to grow as an individual, and to be part of our collective growth as a company and a team...and so far, it's been an unbelievably rewarding journey together.
We’re searching for new employees who can contribute to our most important asset, our culture. Vacasa has eight core values that clearly define what our culture is. We’re looking for those people who both understand the need for these core values and are willing to embrace and embody them.
Don’t Forget the Perks!
- A top-of-the-line Macbook Pro and sit-to-stand desk
- Employee discounts on Vacasa managed vacation homes
- Full kitchen with snacks, coffee, and kombucha on tap
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with up to a 6% company match
- Paid flexible time off, sick days, and holidays
- Commuting reimbursements