Materials Handler Supervisor Dlb Deu External Jobs Vacancy in Department Commerce Jeffersonville
Department Commerce Jeffersonville urgently required following position for Materials Handler Supervisor Dlb Deu External. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Materials Handler Supervisor Dlb Deu External Jobs Vacancy in Department Commerce Jeffersonville Jobs Details:
PRIMARY DUTY LOCATION: Selectee will initially report to the main Jeffersonville campus and then will move to the off-site Decennial facility located at 100 Logistics Ave., Jeffersonville, IN 47130 which is approximately 7.8 miles from the main National Processing Center campus.
This job opportunity is located in the Decennial Logistics Branch (DLB), National Processing Center (NPC). This position provides for a Materials Handler Supervisor responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the activities of Materials Handlers engaged in Decennial Census supply operations.
TOUR OF DUTY
: Monday through Friday. 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. or 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., depending on workload. Various flexible work schedules are not available. Applications under this job opportunity announcement will be considered under external competitive procedures only. This vacancy is also being advertised under merit promotion procedures as NPC-2018-0102, Material Handler Supervisor, WS-6907-05, DLB-MP-MAP-Internal which can be accessed at http://jobsearch.USAJOBS.gov/ . Relocation expenses may not be authorized. Note to current NPC employees:
If you are a current NPC employee and are selected from this announcement, this selection will change your type of appointment to a Term Appointment. At the end of this Term Appointment, your employment with NPC will end. You will be required to re-compete for any permanent positions. In some cases, you may be eligible for reinstatement. Applying for Reinstatement may allow former federal employees to reenter the Federal competitive service workforce without competing with the general public.
Candidate must clear the fingerprint process and initiate the required background investigation prior to selection.
This is a supervisory position. Candidates must have demonstrated in their work experience or training that they possess, or have the potential to develop, the qualities of successful supervision. Selectees will be required to serve a supervisory/managerial probationary period.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
This position is not included in the bargaining unit.
Responsibilities The individual selected for this position will:
- Accomplish assigned work operations directly and/or through working leaders within the scheduled deadlines and for the effective and economical use of personnel, equipment and materials.
- Organize, direct, and coordinate activities of the material handlers and leaders responsible for handling the receipt of incoming shipments of census property in bin and bulk storage form, from the off-loading stages, through the receipt process, to storage, to issuing/retrieving, to packing and staging, and shipment or delivery.
- Direct the materials handlers in taking scheduled and unscheduled inventories of expendable supplies, furniture, equipment, administrative forms and survey questionnaires and ensure proper inventory procedures are followed.
- Direct the materials handlers in packing techniques such as: cushioning, taping, strapping, banding, sealing, wrapping, labeling, placing, and arrangement of containers on pallets for the shipments.
- Plan work on short and long term basis to establish priorities, ensures efficient handling of workloads to meet schedules and deadlines. Adjust schedules as necessary to meet changes to workloads.
- Determine equipment, material, and personnel required to accomplish goals and assure these need are met so that delays do not occur in the work.
- Provide supply management via inventories, re-supply, special orders, and all warehousing functions to NPC branches, to the Regional Offices, and on occasion, to Headquarters.
Supervisory status Yes
Promotion Potential 05
Who May Apply This job is open to… All qualified United States citizens. Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Job family (Series)
6907 Materials Handler
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and suitable for Federal employment.
- Must be registered for the Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- If resume is incomplete, applicant may not be considered for this vacancy.
Qualifications Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., PeaceCorps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations, (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
The qualification standard for this position is found in the Job Qualifications System for Trades and Labor Occupations published by the Office of Personnel Management. You may find more information at www.opm.gov.
Additional information Other Information:
The following links provide information on various hiring authorities that may enable you to apply through merit assignment procedures, or be eligible for a non-competitive appointment.
- 30% or more disabled veteran
- Persons with disabilities
CTAP applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- A copy of your Reduction In Force (RIF) separation notice; notice of proposed removal for declining a directed geographic relocation outside of the local commuting area. A Certificate of Expected Separation (CES); or certification that you are in a surplus organization or occupation (this could be a position abolishment letter, a notice of eligibility for discontinued service retirement, or similar notice).
- A copy of your latest SF-50 “Notification of Personnel Action”, - noting current position, grade/band level, and duty location, and/or Agency certification of inability to place you through RPL, etc;
- A copy of your last performance appraisal including rating; and
- Any documentation from your agency that shows your current promotion potential. ICTAP applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- A copy of your Reduction In Force (RIF) separation notice; notice of proposed removal for declining a directed geographic relocation outside of the local commuting area; notice of disability annuity termination; certification from your former agency that it cannot place you after your recovery from a work-related compensable injury; or certification from the National Guard Bureau or Military Department that you are eligible for disability retirement.
- A copy of your SF-50 “Notification of Personnel Action”, documenting your RIF separation, noting your position, grade/band level, and duty location, and/or Agency certification of inability to place you through RPL, etc.;
- A copy of your latest performance appraisal including your rating; and
- Any documentation from your agency that shows your current promotion potential. The Department of Commerce provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, notify the Human Resources Branch. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis. TTY users can contact the Human Resources Branch via the Federal Relay Service, 1-812-218-3610.
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other non-merit factor.
Employees who receive a buyout and subsequently return to positions in a Federal agency within 5 years after the date of separation on which the payment is based, whether by reemployment or contracts for personal service, are generally obligated to repay the full amount of the buyout to the agency that paid it before the individual's first day of reemployment.
How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You must have had sufficient training and experience to show your ability to perform the duties of the position. At a minimum, you must meet the Barely Acceptable level on the screen-out element: Ability to Supervise ; receive at least one half of the total possible points; AND furnish detailed information on the resume which supports the occupational questionnaire responses to demonstrate that you clearly possess the experience and skills to successfully perform the duties of this position. The screen-out element is a critical self assessment of the applicant’s experience and is essential for satisfactory job performance. Eligibility will be determined by comparing your resume to your responses to the occupational questionnaire (True/False), Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions). We will review your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation, and dates of employment (mm/dd/yy) on the resume to determine if you meet the eligibility for the position. Your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score will be lowered. Applicants will be placed in one of three pre-defined categories. These categories are "gold", "silver", and "bronze". The best-qualified candidates will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited or an interview.
How applicants will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans’ preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed. Preference eligible with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category (gold).
Applicant will be evaluated on the quality and extent of their experience as relates to the following job elements listed below (please do not provide a separate written response). The assessment tool/questionnaire will evaluate the applicant on the job elements listed below.
Element 25A - Work Practices (including keeping things neat, clean and in order)
Element 25E - Technical Practices (theoretical, precise)
Element 75B - Ability to Interpret Instructions
Element 82A - Knowledge of Materials
Element 86 - Dexterity and Safety
SCREEN OUT ELEMENT 73 - Ability to Supervise
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearance Security clearance Q - Nonsensitive
Resume showing relevant experience, optional cover letter, and the online questionnaire. Your resume must indicate country of citizenship and if you are registered for Selective Service if you are a male born after 12/31/59. Your resume should also list your educational and work experience including the dates (mm/dd/yy) of each employment along with the number of hours worked per week, annual salary, and specify the job duties related to the advertised position. For work in the Federal service, include the grade level of the position(s). Your resume will be used to validate your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
Veterans' Preference documentation, if applicable. Indicate on resume the type of veterans' preference claiming and provide the appropriate supporting documentation (DD-214 stating disposition of discharge or character of service to validate claim of veterans’ preference and, if applicable, VA letter). If a compensable veteran is selected, an SF-15 will be required prior to appointment. Active duty service members must submit certification from the armed forces that the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted. For more information regarding eligibility requirements, go to: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/index.aspx . For a fillable copy of the SF-15, go to: http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf .
Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) documentation , if applicable. See the "Other Information" section.
You are not required to submit official documents at this time; copies are sufficient.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.