Coder Specialist Remote Jobs Vacancy in Anesthesia Partners Inc Houston
Anesthesia Partners Inc Houston urgently required following position for Coder Specialist Remote. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Coder Specialist Remote Jobs Vacancy in Anesthesia Partners Inc Houston Jobs Details:
U.S. Anesthesia Partners (USAP) is the largest single-specialty anesthesia practice in the country with over 4,000 clinical providers and associates. By joining our team you will participate in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment. As an organization we are mission focused on delivering the highest quality in patient care and you will be directly supporting our talented clinical team. We extend this same commitment to quality to our associates and supply tools and resources that will ensure we win in the healthcare marketplace and support of USAP.
We are proud of our inclusive people culture that supports our associates to perform at their best. USAP is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates with physician services or related health care experience is a plus. We offer a competitive benefits package.
Medical Coders are responsible for properly coding provider encounters. The Coding Specialist, level II is a mid-level coder certified by a recognized professional organization. The coder performs all coding functions assigned to a mid-level, more experienced coder based on their knowledge. They are highly proficient with a solid understanding of the billing workflow. Performs all coding functions and assists other areas in the billing department as assigned by the manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately code from available documents using current CPT, ICD-10, ASA and HCPCS codes as appropriate
- Capture all billable charges
- Review billing records for supporting documentation as needed for accurate coding and to maximize revenue
- Identify and split bill cosmetic or case rate cases as needed
- Review or facilitate review of facility medical records for supporting documentation as needed and as available for accurate coding and to maximize revenue.
- Understand the importance and the process of holding a claim as needed until sufficient information can be obtained for proper billing and to maximize reimbursement
- Contacts providers as needed
- Review charges that are sent back from the billing department for additional information and make necessary corrections.
- Assist in research of coding denials or inquiries from the collections staff.
- Complete ETM TES edits and rejections as assigned by Manager.
- Maintain certification CEU requirements.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Associate degree preferred
- Current CPC or CCS-P required
- 2 – 5 years coding experience
- Meets or exceeds expectations
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-10, ASA and HCPCS coding.
US Anesthesia Partners, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Type: Full-time
- Coding: 2 years
- High school or equivalent
- CPC or CCS-P