Patient Access Specialist Registration Winter Park Evenings Jobs Vacancy in Florida Hospital Winter Park
- Patient Access Specialist Registration Winter Park Evenings
- Florida Hospital
- Winter Park FL
- 08 Feb, 2018 30+ days ago
Florida Hospital Winter Park urgently required following position for Patient Access Specialist Registration Winter Park Evenings. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Patient Access Specialist Registration Winter Park Evenings Jobs Vacancy in Florida Hospital Winter Park Jobs Details:
Patient Access Specialist - Registration – Winter Park
Florida Hospital Winter Park seeks to hire a Patient Access Specialist who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Nestled among the oak-shaded, brick-paved streets of one of the most picturesque hometowns in the country, Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years. Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness. Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the Florida Hospital Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the Florida Hospital Orthopaedic Institute. Together with the community we serve, we're building a model of community health and wellness for generations to come.
The Patient Access Team at Winter Park Memorial Hospital includes Admitting, Imaging Diagnostic Centre, Labor & Delivery, Women’s Services, and Emergency Department Registration Representatives, as well as, their leadership staff. The purpose of the Patient Access department is to secure/verify all demographic information on patients in an effort to help ensure the integrity of the patients’ medical record information, as well as, support the financial strength of the organization. Their duties include: providing exceptional customer service to our patients and the departments of the hospital; obtaining insurance benefit and eligibility information related to the services provided; collecting and prioritizing all insurance information; securing authorization for services, as required; and, collecting the patients’ financial responsibility at the time of service.
The Patient Access Specialist, under supervision, registers patients for service types. Meets or exceeds collection standard by timely verification of insurance benefits, when applicable, and determines financial responsibility to the hospital. Creates good faith estimate of patients’ financial responsibility, and documents all attempts accordingly. Meets or exceeds accuracy standard goals. Maintains a close working relationship with clinical partners to ensure continual open communication between clinical, ancillary and patient access departments. Actively participates in extending exemplary service to both internal and external customers, and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Adheres to Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Understanding of HIPAA privacy rules and adroit ability to use discretion when discussing patient related information that is confidential in nature as needed to perform duties
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs and familiarity with database programs
- Ability to operate general office machines such as computers, facsimiles, copiers, and scanners
- Ability to effectively learn and perform multiple task, and organize work in a systematic and efficient fashion
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in English, both verbally and in written form
- Ability to be responsive to ever-changing matrix of hospital needs and act accordingly
- Ability to follow complex instructions and procedures, with a close attention to detail
- Knowledge of computer programs, such as Cerner (Preferred)
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology (Preferred)
- Exposure to insurance benefits; ability to decipher insurance benefit information
- Bilingual – English/Spanish (Preferred)
- One (1) or more years of customer services experience
- Associate’s degree and/or higher level education, or completed coursework, in Health Services Administration or other related medical or business field (Preferred)
- Prior collections experience (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- National Association of Healthcare Access Management Certified Healthcare Access Associate (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Registers patients for services and achieves accuracy. Works patient accounts in regards to insurance identification and selection, along with required protocols associated with insurance selection. Ensures timely discharge is facilitated and reimbursement is maximized. Properly identifies patients, ensures armband accuracy, inputs demographics information, and secures the required forms to ensure compliance with regulatory policies.
- Creates accurate good faith estimates in an effort to maximize up-front cash collections, in addition to, adding collection documentation where required. Meets or exceeds upfront collection standard goal, assigned to location of responsibility, to protect financial standing of Florida Hospital. Proactively seeks assistance to improve collections. Reviews all collection reports timely, as assigned by leadership. Ensures all financial assessments, eligibility, and benefits memos are clear, updated and thorough to support post care financial needs.
- Ensures all financial assessments, eligibility, and benefits memos are clear, updated and thorough to support post care financial needs. Uses utmost caution that authorizations and pre-certifications are correct and as accurate as possible to avoid rejections and/or denials. Maintains a current and thorough knowledge of utilizing online eligibility and pre-certification tools made available.
- Achieves productivity standard by monitoring patient tracking board to proactively identify patients that require registration to be completed. Ensures patient demographics and account information is appropriate for account type as directed. Uses utmost caution in patient and employee safety by following established guidelines, such as, hand washing and following contact precautions.
- Accountable for maintaining a working relationship with clinical partners to ensure open communication between clinical, ancillary and patient access departments, and enhances patient experiences.
- Provides timely and continual coverage of assigned work area in order to offer prompt patient service and availability for all clinical partners’ registration needs. Arranges relief coverage during extended time away from registration area. Meets attendance requirements, and maintains schedule flexibility, as required. Exhibits effective time management skills by monitoring time and attendance to limit use of unauthorized overtime.
- When working Guest Services: performs other specialty services and duties as requested to ensure the smooth operation of the Guest Services/Information department. Maintains up-to- date and thorough knowledge of assigned Florida Hospital campuses and phone numbers in order to provide guests and patients the most accurate information and directions possible. Promotes a safe work environment by following through with ID badging system of guests, as required. Adheres to HIPAA guidelines when dealing with patient information.
- Attends department meetings and promotes positive dialogue within the team. Proactively looks for ways to improve department processes and engages in action planning to enhance both patient experience and employee engagement. Participates in activities that promote camaraderie and a friendly work environment. Enthusiastically participates in departments initiatives.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Patient Access Specialist opportunity with Florida Hospital Winter Park and apply online today.