Field Radio Technician Jobs Vacancy in Harris Corporation Charlottesville
Harris Corporation Charlottesville urgently required following position for Field Radio Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Field Radio Technician Jobs Vacancy in Harris Corporation Charlottesville Jobs Details:
Job Title – Field Technician
Job Location – Charlottesville, VA
Job Code – CS20183101-23081
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at Harris.com.
This position will be the primary dedicated technician supporting Harris Corporation Public Safety and Professional Communications in the Central Virginia area based out of the Lynchburg, VA Eagle Focus Factory. Duties can include to perform install, setup, end-to-end system alignment, testing and fault diagnosis during implementation and on operational Land Mobile Radio (LMR) radio networks (P25, OpenSky, EDACS and Conventional), with the aid of PC-based programs, schematics and other drawings. Programming and Installation of mobile radios, antennas and accessories, perform unit swap and associated tests in a variety of vehicles. Mounting, cabling, initial set-up and testing of site equipment, fault isolation and replacement at the unit level. Ensure that safety practices are being followed at all times, maintain and preserve company owned equipment and ensure it is kept in good repair at all times. Train new employees in the correct system alignment and test procedures when required. Complete test records, fault reports, and all other related documentation and forward to supervisor/manager. Provide technical assistance to customers and co-workers requiring telephone or on-site support. Ability to travel on short notice locally (less than one day) and for extended deployments on occasion.
- Minimum of Associates Degree with 6 years in an electronics field - computers, networking, RF, etc. or equivalent work experience
- Land Mobile Radio - minimum 5 years’ experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Valid driver's license required.
- Excellent customer presence as well as verbal and written communication skills, writing system documentation documents, and communications involving system installation and operation.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of electronic test equipment used for troubleshooting, diagnostics and preventative maintenance of LMR radio systems; communications analyzers (service monitors) spectrum analyzers, volt meters, T1 testers.
- Ability to meet internal paperwork requirements for time card input, expense and PCard reports, and service tickets.
- Cisco Training or Microsoft Networking training / experience.
- Associates Degree in an electronics field - Electrical or Electronic Engineering - Computer Science, etc. or equivalent work experience
- Six or more years of direct Land Mobile Radio experience. Preference with experience Harris on trunked radio systems.
- Four or more years of Networking Experience.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Location: USA - VA - Charlottesville
Activation Date: Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, January 31, 2019