Patient Care Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Banner Health Phoenix
Banner Health Phoenix urgently required following position for Patient Care Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Patient Care Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Banner Health Phoenix Jobs Details:
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position is responsible for providing personalized coordination, clarification and communication of all administrative aspects of care including patient needs assessments, insurance and authorization verification, registration, maintaining and handling of documentation, and scheduling of appointments. This position partners with the clinical care team to ensure a seamless experience for the patient and their family across the entire continuum of their treatment. This position assists with providing resources to help the patient maintain optimal care. This position performs follow-up tasks identified during the patient needs assessment for management of patients across the healthcare continuum or when the patient is in the continuum and needs additional resource support.
- Performs patient intake process, which may include pre-registration/registration. Partners with the clinical care team to determine initial authorizations needed based on the predicted care treatment plan. Obtains patient insurance benefit information for all aspects of the treatment, including, but not limited to, inpatient and outpatient services, prescription drugs, and travel and housing, if necessary. May also answer questions regarding the authorization process and supply information to providers, patients and third party payors.
- Acts as a resource for insurance coverage, which may include obtaining authorizations and notifications throughout the patients treatment. Obtains all necessary signatures and documentation required by the patients insurance plan. Accurately and completely documents all information into the patient records system to ensure maximum reimbursement. Monitors and updates information regarding insurance data, authorizations, preferred providers and changes in patients treatment plan. Partners with the clinical care team and insurance provider to ensure continued coverage of patients care and maximum reimbursement and minimized financial impact to the patient.
- Provides administrative support in maintaining materials such as documents, proposals, routine correspondence, spreadsheets, composing and preparing routine reports, and maintaining records in a variety of business software and database applications for electronic medical records, billing, data management.
- Schedules physician appointments, tests, procedures and surgeries and may provide patient with necessary preparation instructions. Prepares, processes, and manages patient documentation to department database . Acts as a liaison between the patient, billing department, and payor to enhance account receivables, resolve outstanding issues and/or patient concerns.
- Optimizes patient experience by using effective customer service. Communicates continually with patients, other departments, referral networks and providers to ensure appropriate plans and protocols are followed. Uses discretion and is attentive to issues of customer confidentiality. Demonstrates skills in pro-active resolution and attempts to resolve scheduling conflicts.
- May manage the medical record for the assigned area, including coordination with hospitals, practice offices and other ancillary services to obtain needed records. Responds to patient referral requests for tests, procedures and specialty visits. Follows guidelines and may assist in developing procedures to ensure that medical records are in compliance with all state and federal laws. May also reconcile charge tickets, identifying incomplete tickets, missing charge codes or missing diagnosis codes. Notifies clinical staff as needed.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires three or more years working in a hospital or medical office. Requires knowledge of medical terminology. Must be able to work under minimal supervision and make independent decisions using good judgment. Excellent communication, human relations, attention to detail and organizational skills are required. Must possess highly developed interpersonal relations and process coordination skills.
Requires knowledge of payer contract terms and processes. Requires the ability to perform basic math function and the ability to handle confidential information and sensitive issues. Must be able to work effectively with common office software and hospital software to perform intake and updates to patient medical history in addition to other software used in scheduling and billing.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.