School Secretary Jobs Vacancy in Prince George County Public Schools Fort Washington
Prince George County Public Schools Fort Washington urgently required following position for School Secretary. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
School Secretary Jobs Vacancy in Prince George County Public Schools Fort Washington Jobs Details:
This is an ACE/AFSCME, Local 2250, 10-Month Position - Pay Table 700 - Grade 13
Hourly Range: $16.51 - $31.64 (external candidates may not be placed above Step 6, $21.59, due to contractual requirements)
CLOSING DATE: March 2, 2018
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Serves as a receptionist for school visitors, refers visitors to teachers or Principal and delivers messages;
- Distributes incoming mail;
- Processes a variety of student and school administrative information and data using remote terminals;
- Personally hears and handles routine complaints and minor problems;
- Interviews parents and pupils to secure information for enrollment purposes;
- Contacts parents regarding student absences or illness at school;
- Administers first aid to ill students;
- Maintains health records;
- Assists with student's enrollments, transfers and withdrawals as required;
- Collects and compiles information for Principal's reports;
- Issues books, office and school supplies, take inventories and fills requisition supplies;
- Prepares daily pupil attendance reports and other related periodic and special reports for local use and to fulfill County, State and Federal requirements;
- Receives and accounts for fees and other monies, makes up bank deposits, pays bills and prepares simple financial reports;
- Maintains and/or assists in keeping ledgers and performs bookkeeping tasks according to established procedures;
- Maintains student grade and permanent record ﬁles;
- Processes library book orders;
- Issues tardy passes and keep absentee and tardy records;
- Trains and supervises student assistants;
- Orders and oversees check-out and check-in of audiovisual materials;
- Arranges class field trips;
- Composes and types letters, forms and reports;
- Cuts stencils and duplicates materials;
- Serves as a switchboard or telephone operator for the school; and
- Performs other general office and related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Some knowledge of office terminology, procedures and equipment of business arithmetic and English;
- Some knowledge of elementary bookkeeping;
- Previous experience in or ability to learn information processing and data entry from remote terminals;
- Ability to maintain complex clerical records and prepare reports from such records;
- Ability to make minor decisions in accordance with regulations and established policies;
- Ability to deal with parents and get along well with others;
- Clerical aptitude; interest in and understanding of children or young adults;
- Ability to type at the established rate of speed; and
- Ability to use sound judgment; tact and courtesy.
High school graduate with some experience in clerical work with business school training highly desirable; or any equivalent combination of experience and training, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
No direct supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, sit, and use fingers, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, the ability to adjust focus, and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 25 lbs.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Direct Deposit is expected as a condition of new hire employment.
Based on the settlement agreement reached in Administrator, Wage and Hour Division, U.S. Department of Labor v. Prince George's County Board of Education, OALJ Case No. 2011-LCA-00026, PGCPS is ineligible to sponsor foreign nationals for U.S. employment under any temporary or permanent visa program. As a condition of employment, all applicants for employment must be qualified to work in the United States without sponsorship by PGCPS. If you are not work-authorized and would require PGCPS to sponsor you for a work visa you will not be considered for employment.