Investment Associate Ascension Ventures Jobs Vacancy in Ascension System Office Clayton
Ascension System Office Clayton urgently required following position for Investment Associate Ascension Ventures. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Investment Associate Ascension Ventures Jobs Vacancy in Ascension System Office Clayton Jobs Details:
Job ID: 240419 Investment Associate, Ascension Ventures Clayton, Missouri Regular / Day
Additional Job Information
Title: Investment Associate, Ascension Ventures
City, State: Clayton,MO
Location: MOSTL 101 Clayton-Hanley Bldg
Department: Ascension Ventures
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 40 hours,Weekly
Marketing StatementAscension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2016, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 150,000 associates and 36,000 aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
Investment Associate, Ascension Health Ventures – Saint Louis, MO
Ascension Ventures (AV) is a venture capital firm making private equity investments in the healthcare industry. AV is a subsidiary of Ascension Health, the largest nonprofit Catholic healthcare system in the United States. AHV currently has $800 million of capital under management through four funds. AV has an exciting opportunity for an Investment Associate.
Ascension Ventures provides strategic venture funding to companies that offer healthcare-related products, services or technologies. AV seeks investment opportunities in companies that represent potential breakthroughs in healthcare delivery and contribute to the transformation of healthcare.
The Investment Associate is responsible for analyzing and helping close investment transactions. Such work shall include company specific and industry-related research. This person will help diligence potential transactions through AV's gated process, as well as assist with some administrative areas, such as quarterly and annual portfolio reporting.
Essential Functions of this position:
- Read and summarize business plans, enter and update information in AV's deal database
- Support the other investment professionals in due diligence; examples include preparing financial models, performing comparable company, and precedent transaction analyses, organizing diligence data for investment recommendation materials
- Assist in preparation of materials for the Board of Managers, Executive Review and other constituents
- Perform ad hoc company and industry analyses
- Help plan and participate in periodical internal deal meetings
- Assist with quarterly and annual reporting processes
- Review healthcare industry periodicals and research reports to proactively target potential investment niches and prepare reports analyzing market potential, growth, competitive landscape, etc.
Other Major Accountabilities:
- Perform all work with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension
- Promote, exemplify and support the Ascension Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelors’ degree in a related field required, with accounting or finance preferred
- Two years related experience required
- The following backgrounds are preferred:
- Individual with entrepreneurial or investment experience
- Completion of an investment banking analyst program; healthcare or M&A focus is a plus
- Experience preferred in reviewing business plans
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Outstanding communication, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workflow and enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment
- At least two years of relevant experience. Experience preferred in reviewing business plans.
Equal Employment OpportunityAscension Health is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster: Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.Share: