Office Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Child Trends Bethesda
Child Trends Bethesda urgently required following position for Office Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Office Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Child Trends Bethesda Jobs Details:
Child Trends is seeking a part-time employee to help manage the reception area, triage incoming calls and mail, provide meeting support, stock and order office supplies, under the direction of the Office Manager. Ideal candidates will have customer service experience, great attention to detail, possess good time management, ability to multi-task, and a friendly professional demeanor. This position will offer 20-25 hours per week, Monday – Friday between the hours of 9-2.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serving as receptionist, greeting guests, answering telephones, and receiving packages.
- Processing incoming mail and log checks.
- Ordering and stocking supplies, taking inventory, and maintaining supplies in kitchens and work rooms.
- Assisting with oversight of office maintenance and general upkeep.
- Providing basic meeting support when necessary.
- Assisting Office Manager with coordinating office relocations and turnover within the building.
- Providing administrative support to the Office Manager and other duties as requested.
Qualifications (or Experience and Education)
- High school graduate with two – three years of office or retail experience preferred.
- Two – three years of experience using computer applications, including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work well with others and handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational, customer service, and communication skills.
- This position will require the use a computer, telephone, and the ability to transport boxes containing supplies that could weigh up to 20 lbs.
- This position will be paid $15.00 per hour.
How to Apply:
Please follow the “apply” link to submit your application. When asked by the system to upload resume, please upload one document that includes your resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references that we may contact. Materials must be combined into one document in order to be uploaded. If you have any difficulties with this process please email the requested materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. and make sure to reference the position in the subject line. No phone calls please!
Child Trends founded in 1979, is a nonprofit, nonpartisan research organization dedicated to improving the lives of children by conducting research and providing science-based information to improve the decisions, programs, and policies that affect children. With annual revenue of $15 million and 125 employees, our clients include federal, state and local government agencies, foundations, and service providers. Our headquarters is located in Bethesda, Maryland, with offices in Minneapolis and Chapel Hill, North Carolina. In 2015 we were recognized as both a Great Place to Work. and listed a 39th in the list of 100 Best Workplaces for Women.
Child Trends is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.