File Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Veterans Affairs Health Administration Hampton
Veterans Affairs Health Administration Hampton urgently required following position for File Clerk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
File Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Veterans Affairs Health Administration Hampton Jobs Details:
- Performs duties related to the receipt, intake, scanning, indexing, quality control, and destruction.
- Responsible for pulling and retrieving medical records for other indirect patient care activities, i.e. research, quality management, external peer reviews, utilization reviews, etc.
- Ensures that all necessary health/administrative information is integrated into CPRS through PC scanning hardware.
- Responsible for maintaining a record request database.
- Conducts follow-up activities which require tact and persistence when information isn't received in a timely manner.
- Provides administrative support to members which includes:filling medical and administrative documentation, requesting other VA records and other special projects deemed appropriate by the Supervisor, Medical Record File Unit.
You may qualify based on your experience and/or education as described below:
- General Experience: Progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled.
- Education: Successful completion of two (2) years above high school obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university. One year of full-time academic study is defined as 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours, or the equivalent in a college or university, or at least 20 hours of classroom instruction per week for approximately 36 weeks in a business, secretarial, or technical school.
- Combining Education and Experience: Applicants may substitute education for the required experience. To qualify based on education for this grade level you must have 2 years above high school (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED).You will be rated on the following Competencies for this position:
- Critical Thinking
- Organizational Stewardship
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Note: A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.
Physical Requirements: This work is mostly sedentary; however, some bending, stretching, walking, and lifting is required. There may be the need for the incumbent to drive to another location to pick up or transport medical information.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, .
- Time-In-Grade Requirement: Applicants who are current Federal employees and have held a GS grade any time in the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement. For a GS-04 position you must have served 52 weeks at the GS-02. The grade may have been in any occupation, but must have been held in the Federal service. An SF-50 that shows your time-in-grade eligibility must be submitted with your application materials. Note: Time-In-Grade requirements also apply to former Federal employees applying for reinstatement as well as current employees applying for Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA) appointment.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Typing Certification
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information.
- Cover Letter
- Typing Certification
- Other Veterans Document
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), 10pt (CP/CPS/XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP) in the questionnaire. You must provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) which shows dates and character of service (honorable, general, etc.). If you are currently serving on active duty and expect to be released or discharged within 120 days you must submit documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), and dates of impending separation. Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veteran Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. Documentation is required to award preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.