Operations Strategies Program Specialist Jobs Vacancy in City Portland Portland
City Portland Portland urgently required following position for Operations Strategies Program Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operations Strategies Program Specialist Jobs Vacancy in City Portland Portland Jobs Details:
The City of Portland's Bureau of Parks & Recreation (PP&R) is seeking an Operations & Strategies Program Specialist. Under general supervision from the Deputy Director this position will work will work across the bureau to plan and implement special projects and strategic communications that move forward the bureau's mission, goals and objectives. The position will serve as a key resource in helping the bureau achieve key strategic plan efforts.
The Operations & Strategies Program Specialist will assist the Finance Manager in coordination and tracking of the bureau's annual budget process; coordinate creation and lead on implementation of a bureau-wide internal communications plan and assist in strategic communication efforts.
Strategic communication work includes, but not limited to, being a strategic partner in the bureau's branding and marketing campaign and providing writing assistance and overall review of communications issued to various stakeholders regarding PP&R programs and initiatives. Experience with framing and linguistics is a plus. In addition, this position will support the Deputy Director in daily operations activities including serving as project manager for special projects.
The Operations & Strategies Program Specialist must demonstrate initiative, independence and creativity while exercising sound professional judgment and equity and inclusion values. The successful candidate will have experience working and building relationships with people from diverse racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
The City of Portland, Oregon is a growing and diverse city of 620,000 residents, nearly 20% of whom speak languages other than English at home. Portland Parks & Recreation values a diverse workforce and seeks ways to promote equity and inclusion within the organization and with the public. PP&R encourages applications from candidates with knowledge, ability and experience working with a broad range of individuals and communities with diverse racial, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Although not required, PP&R encourages candidates that can fluently speak another language to include that information in their resume. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.The City is offering an optional informational session for this recruitment. Please see the Optional Information Session section below for details and location.
- Knowledge and experience applying principles and practices of program/project planning and management.
- Ability and experience analyzing administrative and operational issues, evaluating alternatives and reaching sound, logical, fact-based conclusions and recommendations.
- Knowledge and experience applying principles, methods and practices applied in design and implementation of public information, public affairs, community outreach, public involvement and participation and promotion and marketing programs.
- Ability and experience with communications planning and execution as well as methods and techniques of writing for a variety of purposes and for a diversity of audiences.
- Ability and experience exercising tact and diplomacy in dealing with difficult and sensitive people, issues and situations.
- Experience applying the principles and practices of sound business communications.
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Job Posting: 6/18/2018 – 7/06/2018
- Applications Reviewed: 7/06/18 - 7/12/18
- Eligible List / Notices Generated: week of 7/16/18
- 1st Round of Interviews: week of 7/23/18
- 2nd Round of Interviews (if needed): week of 7/30/18
- Job Offer: Mid-August
- Timeline is approximate and subject to change
- Your résumé and answers to the supplemental questions will be the basis for our evaluation of your qualifications for this positions. Incomplete or inappropriate information may result in disqualification.
- Your answers to each supplemental question should include details describing your education, training and/or experience, and where obtained which clearly reflects your qualifications. You may want to prepare your answers offline and then cut and paste into the text box provided.
- Your résumé should support the details described in your answers to the supplemental questions
- Note a Cover Letter is not required and should not be attached.
- If you are requesting Veteran's Preference, as identified below, please describe in your responses to your supplemental questions and résumé any transferrable skills obtained during your military service and how they relate to each of the required minimum qualifications under the "To Qualify" section above.
Senior Human Resources Analyst
Bureau of Human Resources