Child Nutrition Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Keller Isd
Keller Isd urgently required following position for Child Nutrition Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Child Nutrition Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Keller Isd Jobs Details:
- Assists Child Nutrition Specialists II to prepare and serve appropriate quantities of food to meet menu requirements. Maintains high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and safety practices.
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to the achievement of district goals.
- Assist to prepare/cook quality food according to a planned menu of tested, uniform recipes following the HACCP Principles for food safety.
- Serve food according to meal schedules, departmental policies, and procedures.
- Clean kitchen, service areas, dishes, and utensils
- Supervise storage and handling of food items and supplies; maintain a clean and organized storage area; keep garbage collection containers and areas neat and sanitary.
- Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety standards.
- Report immediately to cafeteria manager any inferior quality food received or any service problems with vendors.
- Report to cafeteria manager any accident occurring in the kitchen or cafeteria premises.
- Performs major cleaning of refrigerators and storerooms as designated by manager.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Follow established policies and procedures for cash handling
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisorimmediately.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate instructions
- Ability to follow recipes and use necessary equipment for food preparation
- Quantity food preparation and serving equipment : I.E. large and small kitchen equipment and tools including electric slicer, mixer, pressure steamer, deep fat fryer, sharp cutting tools, oven, dishwasher, and food and utility cart.
- Point of Sale Cash Register
- Completion of sufficient education or training to read, write, and follow directions
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent lifting of 30+ lbs.
- Walking, stooping, bending, standing on concrete for long periods of time
- Hand and finger dexterity
- Exposure to extreme hot/cold temperatures
- Use of hazardous cleaning supplies
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE: