Senior Editor Jobs Vacancy in The Stelter Company Des Moines
The Stelter Company Des Moines urgently required following position for Senior Editor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Editor Jobs Vacancy in The Stelter Company Des Moines Jobs Details:
Our senior editors are creative thinkers who are quick on their feet and ardent multitaskers. They are curious individuals well-versed in style, but with an appreciation for individual voice across multiple brands and mediums. Our editors are problem solvers who excel with the spoken as well as the written word, especially in a consulting capacity with our 1,500 national nonprofit clients.
Each senior editor is responsible for overseeing the editorial development of client marketing campaigns (print, Web, email and social). Combining creative ideas with strategy and vision, editors serve as consultants and authors for high-profile national clients and oversee the packaging of editorial materials for more turnkey clients. Senior editors also routinely develop new content for Stelter’s library of articles and Stelter marketing materials.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop content and messaging strategies for use in direct mail, email and social campaigns. Maintain direct relationships with select high-profile clients. Serve as Editorial voice in onboarding procedures, new product/program launches and other client-facing discussions.
- Help maintain and create new articles for Stelter company archive of content to ensure compliance with current tax laws, rates and editorial style. Serve as manager/editor for editorial staff and/or freelancers as assigned.
- Assemble and edit timely and relevant content for direct mail, email and social media campaigns.
- Serve as an internal editorial consultant for all departments in response to client requests and the production of marketing materials. Facilitate cross-functional collaboration with all departments to serve client needs.
- Develop content and messaging for Stelter marketing materials to promote Stelter service, products and research.
Spirit of Service
- Establishes personal credibility by adhering to Stelter’s 12 core values and beliefs, including teamwork, hard work, integrity and customer service.
- Demonstrates the highest level of integrity; can be trusted to do the right thing, no matter what the consequences
- Develops and sustains constructive working relationships with customers.
- Values excellence and continuous improvement.
- Maintains a mature, business-like attitude while dealing with difficult situations.
- Presents excellent judgement and decision-making abilities, able to sort through complex issues, assess multiple options and make decisions in a logical manner.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, team player, able to take constructive criticism and redirection well.
- Supports and clearly aligns daily actions in accordance with department vision and direction. In the absence of the Editorial Director, works together with department leadership to make any decisions necessary.
Attention to Detail
- Prioritizes tasks with little guidance to manage time.
- Strives for accuracy and precision in completed work and pays close attention to details.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Produces original or clever ideas and finds creative ways to approach problems/tasks.
- Shows curiosity and an appetite for learning.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Mastery of language structure and content, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Marketing best practice knowledge and prior execution
- Strong visual skills and comfort with basic design principles
- Must work effectively with all internal staff, be a team player, professional, be able to take constructive criticism and direction
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills
- Must, at all times, set a good example to all staff members, as a mature professional, willing to help others when needed and show the willingness to do whatever is necessary to get the job done
- Nonprofit industry awareness helpful
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Arts in English, journalism, marketing or related field
- Minimum six years of professional editing and writing or related experience.
Successful completion of a drug screening within 48 hours of acceptance of a conditional employment offer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Editing: 6 years