Therapist Recovery Counselor Jobs Vacancy in Comhar Inc Philadelphia
Comhar Inc Philadelphia urgently required following position for Therapist Recovery Counselor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Therapist Recovery Counselor Jobs Vacancy in Comhar Inc Philadelphia Jobs Details:
COMHAR is a nonprofit community based organization. Our mission is to provide health and human services that empower individuals, families and communities to live healthier, self-determined lives. COMHAR’s Community Living Room (CLR) is psychiatric rehab program for adults living with co-occurring HIV and mental health diagnoses. CLR is a Community Integrated Recovery Center (CIRC) which emphasizes the importance of positive mental health through therapeutic and expressive group exercises, artistic expression, peer support, clinical intervention and community inclusion. CLR provides LGBTQI-affirming service, HIV informed care, psychiatric services and medication management.
Community Living Room is seeking a Therapist/Recovery Counselor to join us in Center City Philadelphia.
- Complete intakes for potential new members for the program at least 2-3 a week
- Work with a team to provide opportunities for individuals receiving services to direct their own recovery process
- Teach, coach, and motivate, individuals in the acquisition and utilization of skills needed to facilitate their recovery
- Educate individuals about available service options and choices
- Develop and facilitate weekly on-site and community groups (creative arts, recreational, life skills, etc)
- Provide outreach and engagement to individuals being referred
- Collaboration with community resources relevant to client population
- Master’s degree in human service field and at least 2 years work experience in mental health direct service; Clinical Licensure preferred
- CPRP certification shall be attained within 2 years from date of hire
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of community resources in Philadelphia
- Culturally-informed sensitivity toward individuals identifying as LGBTQI
- Professional Experience in Psych Rehab Services preferred
- Knowledge of HIV preferred
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.