Master Scheduler Manufacturing Planner Jobs Vacancy in Bio Rad Hercules
Bio Rad Hercules urgently required following position for Master Scheduler Manufacturing Planner. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Master Scheduler Manufacturing Planner Jobs Vacancy in Bio Rad Hercules Jobs Details:
The Master Scheduler has primary responsibility for the development, management and communication of Production Scheduling across all manufacturing activity in the Bulk Lab, Biologic/Antigen Lab, Instrument Lab, Media, Dispensing, Packaging and all related Labeling activity. This role will track and report Planning & Manufacturing related metrics across various aspects of the business - Production, Product Supply, Inventory, Scheduling, and Capacity. This candidate would also be responsible for monitoring and processing changes to Planning and Manufacturing related Master Data settings to best support efficient system activity. The Master Scheduler will monitor/report on forward-looking capacity for both labor and equipment resources to ensure proper personnel and equipment time is available to successfully deliver Customer Demand.
- Functional knowledge and proficiency in using an ERP system (preferably SAP) - ranging from MRP, Master Scheduling, Capacity Planning, Detailed Scheduling, Inventory and Reporting modules.
- The candidate will be required to effectively communicate across multiple functionalities and levels of the organization.
- This candidate will have the ability to utilize and implement professional Supply Chain concepts, apply company policies and procedures to resolve issues where analysis of situations may require weighing a variety of factors to arrive at the best outcome.
- This candidate will need to quickly become familiar with Bio-Rad standard operating procedures, processes, product lines, complicated production methods and other manufacturing aspects specific to Bio-Rad’s FDA/ISO regulated products as all these factors impact effective Production Scheduling.
- The Master Scheduler will work in conjunction with Supervisor (Planning Manager) and Manufacturing Planning team to develop and monitor production schedules and inventory strategies, as well as understand financial implications our business decisions have on the Bio-Rad Organization.
- This role will analyze ERP data output to ensure build plan attainment, eliminate back order instances, ensure proper inventory turns, deliver superb customer service levels, and lower end-of-life scrap and logistics costs.
- Flexibility is a key element in this position, with a heavy emphasis on data analysis and reporting (Excel).
- Leads weekly Production Schedule reviews with Manufacturing Planners, as well as functional partners – Manufacturing, Logistics, Quality Control, and Purchasing.
- Works closely with Manufacturing Planners to ensure system data settings (lot size, safety stocks, BoMs, recipes, etc.) are configured to provide optimal production runs.
- Maintains an optimal Scheduling workflow for the production facility at large - monitoring daily exceptions, analyzing data, and resolving routine and non-routine issues in SAP.
- Cross-train to support and /or backup Manufacturing Planners, as assigned.
- Participate in Global Supply Chain, Northern CA Operations, and Division projects, as assigned.
- Using capacity and production data generated by the MRP tool, this position develops and manages frozen, slushy and open Production Schedules for eight (8) manufacturing areas: Bulk Lab, Biologic/Antigen Lab, Dispensing, Packaging, Media, two related Labeling operations, plus the Instrument assembly/refurbishment operation within the 4000 and 800 Manufacturing buildings.
- Maintain and report on near-term (1-3 months detailed), mid-range (3-12 months) and long-range (12-18 months) production and capacity schedules – identifying potential capacity constraints to ensure appropriate labor hours, machine duration hours are available to support production requirements.
- Determines production priorities utilizing SAP generated production plans (process orders, planned orders) – taking into consideration input from Planning Manager, Manufacturing Planners, Manufacturing Team, as well as personnel limitations and scheduled Resource Maintenance.
- Ability to proactively react to unexpected Sales, Forecasting, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Engineering or Maintenance changes and their impact on production scheduling.
- Ensure Plan “B” or alternate Production Scheduling options are thought through and ready to implement in the event of an unexpected situation and/or downtime; open-minded and creativity are key terms.
- Participate in the future implementation of SAP Capacity Module functionality for production scheduling across all manufacturing areas.
- Actively collaborate with internal Operations partners – Planning, Manufacturing, Logistics, Purchasing, Maintenance, and Manufacturing Engineering to improve production effectivity.
- Actively and independently works to prevent or reduce non-conformance issues, work stoppages, out-of-stock, back-order and shipment delays.
- 3 to 7 years related Master Scheduling experience in Process and Discrete manufacturing environments.
- Preferable background in Bio-Tech, Pharma.
- Can demonstrate skill in Production Scheduling, interpreting MRP results, Capacity Planning.
- Active, hands-on experience working with an ERP, MRP tools with SAP preferred.
- Solid understanding of ERP Master Data settings - Bills of Material, Recipes, Capacity, data sets, as well as setting effects on MRP results.
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge in Windows Office environment - with Advanced Microsoft Excel skills preferred.
- Ability to work under general direction, establish work prioritization and arrange own daily, weekly, monthly activities in order to deliver assignments on-time.
- Ability to efficiently / effectively lead and communicate in meetings.
- Ability to proactively function in a team environment, as well as participate on cross-functional teams as assigned.
- Displays strong strategic, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical documents, SOP’s, instructions and reports.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.