Intern Insights And Analytics Business Forecasting Jobs Vacancy in Foods Chicago
- Intern Insights And Analytics Business Forecasting
- Chicago IL
- 09 Dec, 2017 30+ days ago
Foods Chicago urgently required following position for Intern Insights And Analytics Business Forecasting. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Intern Insights And Analytics Business Forecasting Jobs Vacancy in Foods Chicago Jobs Details:
Intern - Insights and Analytics - Business Analytics & Forecasting - 17005994 Description
ABOUT THE US FOODS SUMMER INTERN PROGRAM
The US Foods Summer Internship Program provides a forum for students to apply classroom skills and academic training in a real world business environment. In addition to being assigned business-impacting projects throughout the summer, students will be matched with a manager who will meet with them on a regular basis to provide direction on assignments as well as deliver performance feedback and a mentor who will be available to offer day-to-day guidance and support.
Embracing the organization’s core values, the US Foods Summer Internship Program Mission is to TEAM UP to build a supportive learning environment where we TALK STRAIGHT about performance development by delivering constructive feedback and positive reinforcement to deliver SECOND TO NONE program experiences to those students who spend their summers with us.
Interns will also get exposure to US Foods executive leadership; have an opportunity to participate in learning and social events with other interns across business functions within our Corporate HQ; and have an opportunity to deliver an end of summer presentation to showcase their accomplishments with key business leaders. Dependent upon critical business needs and overall performance during the summer, there may be opportunities for students to continue working as a part-time intern during the school year.
Please note: We are unable to provide internships to students that require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status). Candidates who possess the unqualified right to work in the United States are eligible to apply.
Local candidates are encouraged to apply. For qualified students whose permanent home of record is located outside 50 miles from US Foods Corporate HQ, a stipend will be offered to partially offset housing costs for the summer.
The Insights and Analytics – Business Analytics & Forecasting (BAF) Intern is responsible for helping provide analytical support to Internal Business Partners within US Foods which includes conducting & delivering analyses, development & delivery of ad hoc & regular reports, and developing analytics & processes to support business strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Internal Business Partners in the development of tools & reports for end users, including developing requirements. Identify opportunities to standardize processes through analytics, forecasting & reporting tools, such as SAS, R & Tableau
- Understand how data cleansing and data manipulation is critical in designing efficient Data sources. Development of new/ modify existing SQL syntaxes to optimize Data sources in reporting & forecasting
- Support team members in developing synthesis of analyses & development of clear & concise communications/ presentations to business partners. Support presentation of analyses to internal business partners; may present with oversight and supervision.
- Ability to recognize, follow and analyze market trends. Research historical market trends to determine how it can influence business
POSSIBLE PROJECT MAY INCLUDE
- Analytical support for the Market-level Planning & Forecasting process
- Support the development of promotional forecasts
- At the conclusion of program, intern will present projects and internship experience within I&A. Exposure on how analytics and forecasting support Marketing
EDUCATION & KNOWLEDGE:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or related discipline degree program for the Spring 2018 semester
- Must be enrolled in school during time of internship
- Typically, students currently between their Junior and Senior years or between their 1st and 2nd years of graduate school will be considered for internships
- Enrolled in courses/ coursework pertaining to forecasting, econometrics, time series analysis, data analysis or any coursework quantitative in nature
- Experience in SAS programming. Ability to quickly understand existing codes and develop new syntaxes
- Experience in SQL and cloud based Databases (Snowflake)
- Understanding of R a plus
- Tableau or related visual presentation/reporting tool preferred
- MS Office Proficiency with focus on MS Excel specifically
Candidate must possess a high degree of motivation, with a strong customer focus, and effective & clear communication skills with internal customers. Candidate much have ability to work independently, be a team player with a positive attitude, and able to work with people at variety of levels.
Primary Location : IL-Chicago Metro-Rosemont Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Job Function : Office/Clerical Job Level : Individual Contributor Travel : No