Family Learning Specialist Part Time Jobs Vacancy in Champions For Children Inc Tampa
Champions For Children Inc Tampa urgently required following position for Family Learning Specialist Part Time. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Family Learning Specialist Part Time Jobs Vacancy in Champions For Children Inc Tampa Jobs Details:
Title: Family Learning Specialist (Part-time)
Program: Family Involvement Connections
Hours: Monday through Thursday 3-8 PM and every other Saturday
Summary: This is a professional family education position with expertise in early childhood education and effective parent engagement strategies who works directly with families to bridge learning from early childhood settings into the family’s home. Family Learning Specialist partners with community childcare providers to support the families of the children served by teaching parents how to guide their child toward developmental milestones. This position reports to the Director of Childcare & School Based Supports. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and deliver group based “Zero to Three Caring Conversations” curriculum to families and childcare practitioners with these features:
- Demonstrate learning activities for parents and engaging them in role-playing the parts.
- Providing early learning resources to parents so they engage in purposeful play with their child.
- Assisting parents in assessing their children's progress and steering children to next steps.
- Provide individual parent education via community based settings.
- Train and provide technical assistance in small and large group settings to childcare practitioners on parent education/engagement strategies that involve parents in their child’s development and learning based on Adult learning strategies and Strengthening Families Program /Protective Factors.
- Support the integration of family education supports within the childcare practitioner’s curriculum.
- Facilitate screening of children using the Ages & Stages Questionnaire (ASQ-3).
- Cultivate and manage ongoing collaborative relationships and outreach with the early childhood and family serving community.
- Complete accurate and timely data collection to complete reporting requirements.
- Supports the agency’s performance and quality improvement processes.
- Attend staff meetings, on-going in-service training and supervision as required.
- Participate on assigned agency, project and community planning teams.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in child development, social work, early childhood or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with families with young children.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Professional, self-directed, follow-through on projects and prompt responsiveness to internal and external stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills, team-oriented, customer service focused enjoys working with others.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills (e.g., nonjudgmental, objective, reflective, empathetic, patient, tactful)
- Proficiency in of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, & PowerPoint and web-browsing.
- Ability to walk, stand, climb stairs, kneel, bend, reach, and manipulate objects; move materials up to 10 pounds on a regular basis; infrequently require moving materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Travel around Hillsborough County required.
- Must be sensitive to the socioeconomically and culturally diverse population Champions for Children serves.
- Must have a reliable car, active auto insurance, and valid Florida driver’s license
- Must be able to successfully complete a criminal background check, motor vehicle records check and drug screening.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.50 /hour
- Tampa, FL
- working with families with young children: 3 years
- Spanish and English
Required license or certification:
- Florida Driver Licenses