Sales Manager Jobs Vacancy in Sheraton Garden Grove Garden Grove
Sheraton Garden Grove Garden Grove urgently required following position for Sales Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Sales Manager Jobs Vacancy in Sheraton Garden Grove Garden Grove Jobs Details:
- To maximize hotel revenue by seeking out, identifying, and developing new accounts and maintaining existing accounts in accordance with Sheraton Garden Grove-Anaheim South Hotel and Starwood brand standards.
- Assists in all aspects of the marketing and sales efforts to generate new and repeat business for the hotel including training Front Desk personnel in selling over the phone, giving property tours, and other related on property sales activities
- Solicits, meets with, and maintains rapport with individuals and account contacts in order to produce groups and/or convention business to include rooms, F&B, and banquet sales.
- Contacts in-house customers to foster additional business and repeat bookings
- Contacts potential business in various markets, local trade and professional associations/corporations, travel agents, and local and state organizations through appointments or cold calls to determine rooming needs
- Follows up on all leads in the form of personal calls or written correspondence
- Promotes the property’s unique concept and features to the travel and tourism industry, government, corporate business community, etc.
- Negotiates rates, issues contracts, and coordinates account needs to the operations team to maximize revenues in order to meet or exceed room revenue goals
- Prepares proposals for clients which outline details of proposed functions, coordinates reservations with the front desk team, and clarifies guest requirements and suggests alternatives when necessary
- Conducts group departure interviews, processes follow up thank you letters and evaluates suggestions to improve servicing of groups in order to retain current business
- Assists in the development of the sales and marketing plans for the hotel (i.e.: holiday, travel agent, group package promotions, etc.)
- Makes sales calls, participates in sales blitzes, executes telephone and direct mail campaigns, and participates in breakfast programs as assigned
- Develops and maintains rapport with competitor hotels
- Assists in preparing quarterly marketing/sales budgets and plans
- Maintains files, appointment calendars, and any other sales records in a neat, orderly manner
- Provides exceptional service by communicating effectively with guests, coworkers, and supervisors and demonstrating teamwork by cooperating and assisting coworkers and other departments
- Attends and participates in daily and weekly sales meetings, community activities, employee functions, and guest events
- Works with fellow managers and the general manager to enforce the hotel and Starwood brand policies and procedures
- Performs duties of MOD as scheduled
- Greets guests and meeting groups in a warm, friendly manner and answers guest questions regarding the hotel and local area facilities/services
- Strives to improve your knowledge and skills in hotel sales/catering and any other related areas within the hotel business which are of interest
- Performs other job related duties as requested
- Work Attire: Business Casual
- Physical Work Conditions:
- Requires ability to work in a sitting position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
- Requires considerable amounts of time on a computer
- Moderate standing and walking
- Requires use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, grasping, and reaching
- Requires infrequent lifting and/or pushing and pulling of items up to 15 pounds
- Experience: 2 years previous sales experience preferred
- Strong leadership and written/verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Previous hotel experience or experience using a Property Management System and/or ISAC is a plus
- Proficient knowledge of computer applications, such as Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of general office equipment, such as phones faxes, copy machines, scanners, etc.
- Languages: Written and verbal understanding of English; additional languages are a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 2 years