Program Analyst Recent Graduate Jobs Vacancy in Department Transportation Washington
Department Transportation Washington urgently required following position for Program Analyst Recent Graduate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Program Analyst Recent Graduate Jobs Vacancy in Department Transportation Washington Jobs Details:
- Applications for this RECENT GRADUATE position will be accepted from the following individuals:
- Assist the Senior Program Analysts in disseminating information and monitoring performance for all aspects of the SBTRC and BEP program activity ensuring that reports are submitted accurately.
- Assist in identifying actual or potential problem areas, trends, merits, deficiency situations, areas of imbalance to aid in recommending corrective action to improve program performance.
- Analyze and provide suggestions on programmatic systems to ensure effective coordination of day-to-day operations.
- Participate in training, matchmaking, outreach events and procurement visits to disseminate relevant information and guidance on SBTRC, BEP programs and services and to help small businesses do business with the government.
- Assist in developing publications and brochures to assist minority firms in gaining maximum benefits from the Program and arrange for development and maintenance of visual displays and other briefing material for the enhancement of the Program.
Job family (Series)
0343 Management And Program Analysis
- Analysts, Program
- Office Secretaries
- Program Analysts
- Secretaries, Office
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen and meet Pathways Recent Graduate requirement.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
- Review Required Documents Section as documents are required by closing date
- Position is under the collective bargaining unit-1133.
- No PCS. FLSA-Non-exempt.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Selected participants are on an excepted service appointment under the Recent Graduates Program and required to serve a one year trial period, and will be evaluated for conversion to a term or permanent appointment in the competitive service at the end of one year.
- Must meet the eligibility requirements for the Recent Graduate Program.
- Recent Graduates serve a trial period for the duration of their excepted service appointment.
- Recent Graduates will be required to sign a Pathways Recent Graduate Participant Agreement.
- Applicants must provide documentation of completion within the previous 2 years of a qualifying, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution*.
- Applicants must meet grade qualifications by start date.
- Selectee is required to complete a Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) to determine suitability for federal employment and to authorize a background investigation.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet either the education or experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration. Experience and education must be fully documented in your resume.
TO QUALIFY FOR THE GS-7 on Experience , you must have at least one full year of experience equal or equivalent to the GS-05, which includes:
- Experience serving as a primary point of contact for a program or functions, providing guidance, and independently responding to inquiries and/or requests for information from internal and external stakeholders.
On Education , you must have:
- One full year of graduate level education or superior academic achievement.
- You can also qualify based on a combination of education and experience.
TO QUALIFY FOR THE GS-9 on Experience , you must have at least one full year of experience equal or equivalent to the GS-07, which includes:
- Experience planning, coordinating and implementing small and disadvantage business outreach activities, including public speaking advocacy and other initiatives to carry out such programs.
- Experience conducting program and analysis to identify data, trends and problems.
O n Education , you must have:
- Two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR Master's or equivalent graduate degree OR LL.B. or J.D., if related.
- You can also qualify on a combination of higher level graduate education and matching experience.
RECENT GRADUATE PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY:
*Applicants must have obtained a qualifying bachelors, master's, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution, within the previous 2 years unless military service interfered with a veterans eligibility to apply during that two year time frame. Veterans meeting the above exclusion may apply within 2 years of discharge or 6 years from the date of receipt of the degree whichever comes first.
( http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/policy/ApplicationOfStds-04.asp ) for information on crediting education.
You must provide a copy of ALL of your college/vocational/technical transcript(s). See "Required Documents" section for additional information.
Applicants may refer to the U.S.Department of Education’s Institutional Accreditation System to determine whether their school/program is accredited: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx .
Education completed outside of the United States must be deemed equivalent to that gained in conventional/accredited U.S. education programs to be acceptable for Federal employment. See OPM's General Policies ( http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/policy/ApplicationOfStds-04.asp) for information on crediting education.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
For additional information about applying to Federal positions, please click on the following link: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-policies/#url=e4
Students enrolled in a degree program can apply if the anticipated graduation date is within six months of closing date of this announcement. Graduation transcript must be received before start date.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This is a one year appointment in the excepted service which may lead to a term or permanent appointment in the competitive service.
- Recent graduates serve a trial period for the duration of their excepted service appointment.
- Recent graduates will be required to sign a Pathways Recent Graduate Participant Agreement.
- BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION: A background security investigation is required for all selected individuals. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of the security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
- DRUG TESTING: Tentatively selected candidates are required to undergo urinalysis in accordance with DOT 3910.1D entitled "Drug and Alcohol-Free Departmental Workplace." Therefore, if selected for the position you will be required to submit to a pre-employment/pre-appointment drug test, you will also be subject to Random Drug Testing.
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males Born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
Once you complete and submit your application package, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements for the job. Qualified students will be referred to the hiring manager in unranked order, and if applicable, by veteran preference status: (1)Preference eligible having a compensable, service- connected disability of 10 percent or more; (2)all other candidates eligible for 10-point veteran preference; (3) candidates eligible for 5-point veteran preference; and (4) candidates not eligible for veteran preference.
You will not be considered for the position if any part of the application or supporting documentation is incomplete. Falsifying your background, education, and/or experience is cause for not hiring you or adverse action after hiring.
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
ALL Applicants must provide a resume that fully supports the required specialized experience and was created within USA Jobs Resume Builder and respond to the vacancy questions by the closing date of the vacancy.
The following is a list of documents that are only required based on the type of position and type of consideration for which you are applying. Please review each of the following sections to determine which, if any, additional documents you need to provide with your application.
TRANSCRIPTS - Transcripts are REQUIRED if you are substituting education for experience. The transcripts need not be official, but must show that you meet the stated education requirements, including specific major or class requirements.
VETERANS: Your last DD214, Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, that shows the type of discharge and all dates of active duty is required to verify your eligibility. it need not be official.
- If you are applying to a vacancy opened to all US Citizens under category rating and wish to be considered as a preference eligible, you need to submit a copy of your DD214.
- If you are claiming preference eligibility as a disabled veteran, you must submit proof of entitlement of this preference which is normally a valid letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying to the present existence of the service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of your disability. An SF-15 is desired, but not required.
- If you are applying to a vacancy opened Status and you are requesting consideration under Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act(VEOA) (https://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/#veoa), you need to provide a copy of your last DD214,which verifies your military service dates, reason for separation, and eligibility for consideration under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act.
DISPLACED EMPLOYEES: If requesting consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency CTAP program (ICTAP), you must meet the well qualified standards for this vacancy (meeting minimum requirements for position and scoring at least an 85 or falling in the Gold Category) and provide all of the following documents:
- your most recent performance appraisal,
- the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency, and
- your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
ICTAP/CTAP: Displaced employees may be eligible for ICTAP or CTAP priority consideration. For more information, please review the OPM Employee's Guide to Career Transition .
EEO STATEMENT: The Department of Transportation (DOT) maintains a model federal work environment that is free of discrimination. DOT ensures equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, or protected activity.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This position is located in the Office of Secretary of Transportation, Office of Small Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU), Regional Assistance Division (RAD). The Department of Transportation's (DOT) OSDBU is responsible for ensuring Departmental compliance with legislative mandates and for carrying out the Secretary's policies, goals and initiatives as they relate to small businesses.
The ideal candidate is an experience motivated and self-reliant person willing to learn and adapt to change in working with skilled professionals that ensure the safety and fairness of the transportation industry. The position is located in the DOT headquarters building, which sits directly across the street from the metro and blocks away from the National's Baseball stadium. OST has flexible work schedules (to include telework) and flexible health benefits.
1. Graduates who within the past 2 years, or will complete no later than December 2018, received a qualifying bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
2. Preference eligible veterans precluded from applying due to military service obligation may apply up to 2 years from the date of discharge/release from active duty, but no more than 6 years after the date educational requirements are met.
3. Individuals who will complete educational program requirements by December 31, 2018.
This vacancy may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days for these locations.
As a Program Analyst (Recent Graduate) at the full performance level, you will:
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Open to U.S. Citizens.
This position is part of the Pathways Program and is open to Recent Graduates Eligibles only.
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.