Marketing Communications Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Girl Scouts Eastern Pennsylvania Miquon
Girl Scouts Eastern Pennsylvania Miquon urgently required following position for Marketing Communications Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Marketing Communications Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Girl Scouts Eastern Pennsylvania Miquon Jobs Details:
The Marketing and Communications department is looking for an enthusiastic Marketing and Communications Specialist to join our team. The Marketing & Communications Specialist is a vital member of the team, supporting our day-to-day operations, which support the overall goals of the organization. Responsibilities include drafting and editing copy for print and digital collateral, managing social media accounts and the organization’s website, and coordinating needs with other departments. If you’re ready to work hard (and have some fun!) every day to help girls find their spark, take the lead, and make the world a better place we want to hear from you.
The following competencies are required for this position:
Establishes rapport with others at all organizational levels; respects others; considers and responds to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of others; establishes and maintains an open dialogue with others; establishes a climate in which all people are comfortable to discuss various issues and concerns that may impact council work.
Expresses ideas and facts in a clear and understandable manner appropriate for the individual or group; listens to and comprehends what others are saying; prepares organized and structured presentations; makes oral presentations using appropriate inflections, volume, tone, and non-verbal communication; skilled in public speaking and phone etiquette.
Structures and clearly conveys ideas and information in both formal and informal written documents; expresses ideas and facts in a clear and understandable manner appropriate for the audience/reader; effectively proofreads written documents; incorporates technical knowledge into written materials.Problem SolvingIdentifies and analyzes existing and potential problems systematically and thoroughly; reports/documents the problem; obtains and evaluates relevant information and contributing factors; identifies important interrelationships; implements solutions after evaluating alternatives and anticipating their impact; supports decisions or recommendations with data and/or reasoning; defines and implements solutions to problems. Time ManagementManages time effectively; completes assignments in a timely manner; sets and balances priorities; simultaneously manages multiple tasks/projects.Information ManagementAccesses, organizes, and manages information effectively; maintains basic computer literacy with relevant software (for example, databases, word processors, and web management); keeps accurate and effectively organized records, seeks out and applies new technology in own program area to improve work processes.Adaptability Adjusts, modifies own behavior, and remains flexible in response to changing situations and environments, new or rapidly changing information, unexpected obstacles, or people expressing varying perspectives, needs, and demands; maintains high performance, emotional composure, objectivity, and balanced perspective under pressure, shifting priorities, opposition, or situational ambiguity.Personal Integrity and Professional ConductDemonstrates dependability, honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, and credibility; models appropriate professional behavior; accepts responsibility for own actions; maintains confidentiality; upholds ethical standards even in the face of opposition.Fostering Diversity Understands and embraces the differences that individuals bring to Girl Scouting; encourages and fosters the unique contributions and varied talents of diverse groups and individuals; values, develops, nurtures, uses, and celebrates group and individual diversity; removes barriers to participation (holds meetings in accessible locations, uses translators, etc.); strives to ensure a friendly and harmonious environment for girls, adult volunteers, and staff; treats others in an unbiased manner; challenges the biased behavior of others; adheres to organizational diversity goals.Organizational KnowledgeUnderstands Girl Scout purpose and organizational structure, including functions, operations, and interrelationships; keeps up-to-date on key GSUSA and council-specific policies, priorities, processes, and practices (for example, Safety-Wise); understands how his/her job relates to and supports GSUSA goals including increasing and developing membership and volunteer support; is aware of the organizational culture and knows how work is accomplished; knows the roles and responsibilities of staff and volunteers; is familiar with membership policies, standards, and resources.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES OutputsKey Performance IndicatorAssist in the creation of marketing plans for a range of causes
- Draft, edit, and publish copy
- Execute and monitor marketing plans
- Update website and social media accounts
- Monitor social media and external email accounts to ensure timely correspondence with GSEP members
- Provide strategic support to public relations efforts
- Compile content, write, and distribute monthly internal e-newsletter
- Maintain strong relationships with coworkers and develop a deep understanding of the organization’s initiatives and goals
Qualifications - Essential:
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or Writing
- Experience – 2-4 years of marketing & communications experience, in the non-profit sector preferred.
- Computer Skills – Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Knowledge of Adobe Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics, Salesforce a plus.
- Valid driver’s license, car, and proof of current insurance.
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Strong oral and written communication as well as interpersonal skills.
- Must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and be a team player.
- Ability to provide information by answering questions and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability and discipline to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution ability.
- Commitment to the Girl Scouts mission.
Employees are responsible and accountable for:
- Compliance with workplace policies and procedures for risk identification, risk assessment and risk control.
- Active participation in activities associated with the management of workplace health and safety.
- Identification and reporting of health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at the workplace.
- Correct utilization of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm with an hour lunch, occasional night and weekend events.
- Maintain Membership as a registered Girl Scout.
- Ability to interact across all levels with a diverse population.
- Salary per year: $40K.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.