Environmental Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Vhb Tampa
Vhb Tampa urgently required following position for Environmental Scientist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Environmental Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Vhb Tampa Jobs Details:
VHB is searching for an Environmental Scientist to join our Sarasota and Tampa, Florida office.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Perform natural resource surveys including, but not limited to, wetland delineations and functional assessments, wildlife habitat evaluations, protected species surveys and water quality data collection/analysis.
- Assist project managers with development of federal, state and local permit applications
- Permit compliance monitoring
- Develop supporting figures and mapping for various projects using GPS and GIS technologies
- Preparation of various technical reports
- Excellent verbal , and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience with GIS and GPS mobile technologies
- Self-motivated with attention to detail
- Ability to identify and/or key out local plant species
- Ability to calibrate and operate field water quality sampling equipment
- Ability to characterize soil profiles
- Understanding of wetland regulations
- Experience with NEPA is a plus
- 2-5 years of experience
- B.S. in physical sciences, natural resources, wetland science, or a related field
- Demonstrated working knowledge of wetland regulations in Florida is preferred
- Experience operating off-road vehicles and boats
- Experience with mobile technology highly desired
- Must have the ability to conduct tasks independently
- Expertise in identifying either plant, insects, birds, reptiles, and/or amphibians a plus
- Expertise in instantaneous and continuous water quality and quantity sampling equipment a plus
- This position may involve working in remote field locations, temporary assignments in other regions where VHB operates, and may include night/weekend shifts and/or working long hours in challenging weather conditions.
Please submit applications online. For questions about this position, please contact Day Perez at email@example.com.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 36 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.