Watch Commander Jobs Vacancy in Security Industry Specialists Inc San Jose
Security Industry Specialists Inc San Jose urgently required following position for Watch Commander. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Watch Commander Jobs Vacancy in Security Industry Specialists Inc San Jose Jobs Details:
Security Industry Specialists (SIS) provides security solutions to some of the most recognized companies and brands in the world. We deliver services that consistently exceed those of our peers. We accomplish this through innovation, constant process improvement, and through an uncompromising commitment to hiring, retaining and rewarding the best talent available.
General Statement of Job
The Watch Commander directly oversees Field Supervisors and also manages uniformed Specialists during assigned shifts. The Watch Commander should understand the fundamentals of security management and possess the project management skills in order to initiate and track security related projects, business continuity, customer service, and effective communications. A sound understanding of HR and personnel related subjects are especially necessary. The Watch Commander reports to the Operations Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions
- Develop an excellent working relationship with the client, understanding the client’s expectations and using this knowledge to develop the entire security program in a structured goal-orientated process
- Directly oversee Supervisors and uniformed Security Specialists during assigned shift, becoming the escalation point for issues that are not solved at a local level
- Demonstrate the professionalism and capability to represent the Site Manager at high-level meetings and to undertake initiatives on his/her behalf
- Ensure the accurate and timely recommendations of business and security related risks or actions required to the organization with solid focus on details
- Provide excellent customer service throughout the workforce by reducing overtime costs and managing guard requests that continuously meets the client needs
- Oversee individual performance throughout your allotted span of control to ensure highest levels of competency by developing and enforcing current guidelines for proven performance within the workforce
- Understand the client’s Emergency Response, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery programs
- Assist with the development or revision of security operation center processes and protocols
- Manage threat intelligence and analysis activities including required escalations to management and crisis management teams
- Proactively identify and develop future management talent within the workforce; set achievable work-related goals and objectives to encourage and develop those individuals
- Manage the training for all staff including SOPs and emergency response, by formulating structured training plans, establishing record keeping, and revising methods used for teaching skill sets
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Political Science, Journalism, Emergency Management, or other business discipline
- A minimum of 5 years in safety and security management, law enforcement/military, security control room experience in supervisor capacity – 5 years of general Customer Call Center or Customer Service supervisory experience also acceptable
- Must complete and maintain state guard certification as prescribed by presiding state law, as well as client requested certifications; all documentation and fees are the responsibility of the employee unless otherwise noted
- Ability to resolve problems in a timely manner through alternative solutions or group problem solving
- Must be able to write clearly and informatively, supervise the quality of written staff work product, and be able to read and interpret written information such as threat advisories and SOPs; excellent verbal communication skills also required
- Able to analyze threats and envision potential or real time impact to client operations with the ability to develop or implement response or mitigation strategies; also, synthesize a large volume of information – able to communicate accurate and timely recommendations on business and security related risks or actions required to the organization with solid focus on detail
- Display original thinking and creativity, meet challenges with resourcefulness, generate suggestions for improving work, and develop innovative approaches to complex problems
- Proficiency in computer applications, general understanding of security systems, and general technical aptitude through demonstrated experience
What we can offer:
- $68-70k (DOE)
- A dynamic and challenging work environment
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, plus access to dependent coverage and a variety of other benefits
- Eligibility to contribute to a 401k Plan after the first year of employment