Drafter Iii Jobs Vacancy in Ebmud Oakland
Ebmud Oakland urgently required following position for Drafter Iii. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Drafter Iii Jobs Vacancy in Ebmud Oakland Jobs Details:
Drafters are responsible for providing a wide variety of construction drawings in support of many East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) projects from all departments. Drafter III's perform varied and complex drafting work and related calculations using MicroStation and/or AutoCAD CAD software. They may work independently on a project, or may work as part of a team on a large project, where duties may include checking the work of other drafters.
Typical duties of a Drafter III include:
• Preparing and revising engineering design drawings, on CAD systems, required for the construction or modification of wastewater, water supply, and treatment facilities
• Preparing, maintaining, and revising a variety of structural, civil, mechanical, electrical, soils, and architectural computer-generated drawings in support of project and plant engineering activities, such as equipment layouts, in-plant piping and ventilation layouts, earthwork and site layouts, and structural and architectural details
• Reviewing plans submitted by engineers, contractors, and other agencies delineating existing and proposed EBMUD facilities on such plans
• Preparing, revising, and maintaining manual and computer-generated base maps and pipeline construction drawings including distribution systems, surveys, and similar maps
• Preparing pipeline construction drawings based on subdivision maps, improvement plans, survey aerial and/or topographic data, and existing and proposed facility data
• Conducting field site visits to perform measurements, resolve discrepancies, and gather electronic data as necessary
• Revising pipeline construction drawings to correspond with field measurements, "as-built" information, and aerial mapping utilizing CAD system
• Preparing, revising, and maintaining a variety of maps and property drawings, using a CAD system, in support of survey, land, and engineering activities
• Conferring with engineers, drafting personnel, field forces, surveying personnel, and representatives of other EBMUD units to obtain information required to complete assignments
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• Proficiency in MicroStation/AutoCAD or similar CAD software
• Sound knowledge of and ability to perform multi-discipline engineering drawings
• Ability to work effectively with EBMUD personnel
• Knowledge and/or experience with GIS applications
• Knowledge and/or experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation InRoads software a plus
The salary range is $6,011 per month increasing to $6,312, $6,628, $6,959 and $7,307 after 6, 18, 30, and 42 months, respectively.
*Please note: the salary ranges listed previously may change, and a salary increase is anticipated effective in late April 2018.
EBMUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age for individuals over forty years of age, national origin, ancestry, disability (mental or physical, including AIDS and HIV), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veterans status, family or medical leave status, pregnancy, pregnancy disability leave status, or any other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Any combination of education and experience that has led to the acquisition of the knowledge and abilities indicated above. Typical means of acquiring the essential knowledge and abilities is a combination of training and experience equivalent to:
Completion of the twelfth grade, or its equivalent, including or supplemented by one year of either mechanical drawing or drafting and mathematics courses related to drafting which must have included algebra, geometry, and trigonometry; AND
Two years of experience in drafting work, producing maps or engineering drawings using MicroStation and/or AutoCAD CAD software, equivalent to or higher than EBMUD's Drafter II classification (equivalent to a total of four years of hands-on drafting experience, two years of which must have been at the journey level).
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered. To be considered under the "equivalent combination of education and experience" provision, it is your responsibility to include in your application materials written evidence of employment performed at the level of the typical duties of this position and/or coursework in subject areas directly related to this position. For more information, see our FAQ page at http://www.ebmud.com/jobs/job-resources/job-faqs-frequently-asked-questions/.
The Selection Process:
1. Submit a completed EBMUD application and the required supplemental question responses online at www.ebmud.com by 4:30 p.m., Friday, March 9, 2018. Only application materials submitted online during the filing period will be accepted.
2. All qualified applications and supplemental responses will be evaluated, with those candidates demonstrating the strongest qualifications for the position to be invited to written test which will assess the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed for successful job performance. The tentative date for this step is Saturday, April 7, 2018.
3. Those candidates passing the written test will be invited to a separately administered MicroStation performance test, tentatively scheduled to take place in late April or early May, 2018.
4. Successful candidates will be placed on the hiring list, based on rank, for further consideration to fill the current regular vacancy, as well as others occurring over the next 12 to 24 months.
5. All employment offers are conditional, pending the results of a Live Scan background screening. All selected finalists must participate in the Live Scan background screening process to remain in consideration for EBMUD employment.
As the first step in the selection process, responses to the supplemental questions must be submitted online with the regular EBMUD application.