Account Services Representative Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Provident Credit Union Redwood City
Provident Credit Union Redwood City urgently required following position for Account Services Representative Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Account Services Representative Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Provident Credit Union Redwood City Jobs Details:
Account Service Representative Share drafts/Online New Accounts Specialist
To process and determine to pay or return the share drafts on a daily basis. Items that are rejected by the system for NSF, Stop Payment, etc. must be examined, researched, investigated and processed accordingly. Crucial deadlines must be adhered to on a daily basis. Responsible for check re-orders received by mail, all foreign and domestic check collection, and encoding errors. This position is also responsible for review and processing of all online new accounts opened including: Checking, Savings and TSC’s. Provident Credit Union is looking for a Share Draft / Online New Accounts Specialist with great customer service and time management skills. If this sounds like you, we need you in the Account Services Department ASAP!
Here’s what you can expect day to day:
- Responsible to retrieve and handle the daily share draft exceptions. Determine what items can be paid and what items must be returned.
- Ensure checks identified for clearing are manually paid on the same day that the reject occurs.
- Balance the share draft returns, using Microsoft Excel, to the transactions and to set-up the returns item file for the Bank of the West transmission, adhering to crucial daily deadlines.
- Report immediately potential fraudulent activity to management. In the absence of a manager, bring these items to the attention of Risk Management Department.
- Handle returned check orders received from the post office. Forward orders to the correct address or prepare the orders for shredding.
- Responsible for processing check orders received by mail and from the credit union’s Web site.
- Review, process, and verify all Membership, Checking, Youth and Share Certificates applications received online
- Update job related forms as needed to meet current requirements, along with updating procedures with any changes.
- Process foreign and domestic check collections, including forged endorsement claims.
- Process all check encoding errors and check adjustments.
- Complete required BSA and OFAC training annually.
- Understand and adhere to BSA and OFAC policy and procedures including:
- CTR requirements
- CIP requirements
- CDD requirements
- OFAC verification requirements
- Reporting of suspicious activity
- Assist in any areas as requested by management
Successful applicants will have completed a college degree and have two to three years of related work experience. Must have strong customer service skills, including the ability to compose professional letters and e-mail. Must be flexible, organized, efficient and accurate. Must be able to lift storage/supply boxes of approximately 20 pounds.
The position demands maturity, flexibility, prior banking experience and someone ready to contribute at a high level -- and the rewards come with it.
- Fully paid health insurance premiums
- Quality medical, dental and vision care coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contributions
- Strong commitment to investing in your career and educational advancement by offering up to 100% tuition reimbursement for approved courses
- Incentive plan
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Provident membership
- Rate discount on home and auto loans
- In-house training
- And much more!
Provident is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are a winner of the Bay Area News Group Top Workplace in 2017. Check us out on Glassdoor