Senior Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Montgomery Village Montgomery Village
Montgomery Village Montgomery Village urgently required following position for Senior Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Montgomery Village Montgomery Village Jobs Details:
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY:
The senior accountant will work within the finance and administration team with varied levels of responsibility. The position will understand and be able to explain complex accounting transactions, employ analytical and technical thinking, prepare monthly financial statements and be able to drive system and process improvements. The position is the immediate backup to the CFO and supervises the staff accountant.
PRIMARY DUTIES (essential functions):
In general, the Senior Accountant will support the activities of the CFO as well as the following:
- Supervisory responsibility over accounting and admin staff as assigned.
- Supports the accounting staff in the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Supports the annual audit process and development of the MVF Annual Report.
- Assembles the monthly reporting package for the CFO.
- Ensures the completion and compliance of various reconciliations: Bank Statements, Investments and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Provides ad hoc and monthly reporting support for the CFO.
- Periodically reviews and updates MVF Finance policies.
- Prepares, reviews and updates MVF accounting procedures as necessary.
- Reviews accounting records for compliance with internal control procedures.
- Provides P&L forecast reviews as necessary.
- Supports the MVF cost center and overall budget process.
- Maintains Fixed Asset subledger program ensuring records are in sync with accounting software.
- Supports the annual reserve study.
Additional responsibilities of the Senior Accountant include:
- Attends Executive committee and Audit committee meetings
- Attends at least 2 MVF Board meetings per year
- Prepares a quarterly financial article for the Village News
- Provides guidance and support on accounting matters to other departments
- Reviews monthly EVP report to the Board prior to publication
Performs duties of other accounting department staff in their absence.
Performs other duties as assigned.