Administrative Specialist Jobs Vacancy in City Virginia Beach Virginia Beach
City Virginia Beach Virginia Beach urgently required following position for Administrative Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Specialist Jobs Vacancy in City Virginia Beach Virginia Beach Jobs Details:
The City of Virginia Beach, Human Services Department (HSD) seeks an experienced Human Services Talent and Recruitment Manager to manage a team of 3-4 direct reports and be responsible for providing personnel leadership in marketing, recruitment processing services, and developing and implementing niche recruiting strategies necessary to attract and retain HSD talent for more than one hundred (100) open job vacancies. This will be for an average of 1,100 full-time, 300 contracted and 128 part-time staff positions within the Human Services Department.
Responsibilities for the selected candidate :
- Monitors and constantly reduces the costs of the recruitment process
- Sets the social media communication strategy for different job profiles and functions in the organization
- Conducts job interviews for the managerial job positions (or key jobs in the organization)
- Oversee the contractor and agency temporary staffing procedures
- Maintain position control and budget changes for HSD positions
- Manages and develops the team of HR Recruiters
- Acts as a single point of contact for managers regarding recruitment topics
- Designs training recruitment for HR Recruiters and line managers
- As a working manager, he/she will also conduct initial phone interviews, participate in face to face interviews, verify critical medical and human services credentials, conduct references checks, attend recruitment partner meetings, and tracks data analytics on turnover and retention rates.
- Maintain compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws affecting HR.
MINIMUMS: Requires a 4-year degree in business or public administration plus two (2) years of experience in related fields OR any combination of education (above the high school level) and/or experience equivalent to six (6) years in fields utilizing the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: All employees may be expected to work hours in excess of their normally scheduled hours in response to short-term department needs and/or City-wide emergencies.
Pre-employment Physical: Not Required
Respirator: Not Required
C DL: Not Required
Attachments Required: Resume
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field
IMPA-SCP or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential
2+ years of HR experience dealing with recruitment processes and systems
Experience with marketing and recruiting for open positions at job fairs
Experience posting open positions of community and college boards
Experience creating analytical reports regarding turnover and retention rates
Experience working as a manager in a large agency or department
Human Services recruitment experience
**Important** In addition to the listed minimum requirements, the ideal candidate for this position will have experience in the listed preferences.
- Please complete the application in its entirety. The application is the primary required document used to screen qualifications and years of experience. A resume does not replace a completed application. Fields on the application left blank, including but not limited to job duties, dates of employment, and hours worked, may cause your application to be incomplete.
- You will not be able to access the details of this job ad once the closing date has passed. If you would like to retain this information, please take a screen shot or print using your browser's printing capability.
- Your responses to any "Supplemental Questions", if attached to this requisition, must be supported by the information you give us in the work experience section of this application. Be sure you are thorough in describing your skills and duties as you complete the work experience section. If the information cannot be verified you will not receive credit.
- Please provide a copy of any certifications or related professional licenses.
- If selected for this position you may be required to submit official transcripts from all accredited colleges or universities listed on your application.
Department of Human Resources
2424 Courthouse Drive
Municipal Center, Building 18
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
Current City of Virginia Beach employees who have their official transcripts from their accredited college or university in their personnel file will not have to provide another transcript to the Department of Human Resources.
*All higher education institutions must be accredited by an agency recognized by the US Department of Education.
V RS Contribution: All full-time employees are required to contribute 5% of annual salary toward their retirement account; in accordance with VRS retirement provisions. This will be handled through a pre-tax payroll deduction.