Noc Technician Jobs Vacancy in Wiverse Lisle
Wiverse Lisle urgently required following position for Noc Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Noc Technician Jobs Vacancy in Wiverse Lisle Jobs Details:
WIVERSE provides specialized staffing solutions for the Telecommunication Industry, and wants to help you find your path! Our client is looking to hire a NOC Technician for their Lisle location.
The Global Services function has responsibility to commission, monitor, operate and maintain the distributed networks and network assets in our portfolio. The Network Operations Center is responsible for monitoring and response of service related issues impacting customers (external and internal) in order to expedite repair and minimize negative customer experience. The Operations department is a 24x7x365 service provider for the organization.
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician is an active member of our NOC staff. Responsible to create and manage network trouble tickets, respond to customer issues, and participate in activities associated with the management of multiple carrier networks. This includes direct involvement with operations center professional staff required to consistently meet key contractual service level commitments and key business and operational performance metrics. This work includes:
- Frequent direct customer facing communications, coordination and relationship management; including: answering telephone calls reporting new issues, ticketing new issues, ticket resolution and management, root cause analysis, network troubleshooting, network commissioning processes.
- Monitoring, maintaining and resolving issues with networked communications equipment.
- Administer and monitor system availability and performance tools.
- Perform equipment checks remotely using monitoring tools in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Isolate and identify cause of faults for network related issues.
- Properly assess impact to network/service and resulting impact to customers and escalate appropriately.
- As a team member, work to meet or exceed service level targets.
- Solve, document and when required, escalate issues.
- Update and create internal articles and/or documentation
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task while projecting a calm professional demeanor.
- Convey a strong sense of urgency, responsiveness, follow-through and successfully managing outcomes are critical to success in this role.
- Education: Associates degree or equivalent from two-year College; or equivalent related experience and/or military training.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of technical and managerial staff.
- Sound ability to analyze issues.
Any prior experience with the following is a benefit:
- Data Center experience a plus
- Help Desk or Technical Support Experience a plus
- Experience in network technology solutions
- Knowledge of Small Cell wireless technologies and Ethernet backhaul solutions.
- Experience with engineering and support of multiple enterprise WIFI environments.
- Experience with: Unix, Linux, Red Hat, SQL, PHP, Free BSD, VB Scripting
- Working Knowledge of Network and Server Equipment (i.e.,Cisco, Foundry, HP, etc.)
- Familiarity with the use of specialized equipment:
- RF transmitter
- Drive test data collection software
- Fiber optic test equipment (OTDR)
Technical knowledge of any of the following:
- Routing and switching platforms
- Wireless solutions
- Experience in designing and implementing high availability networks
- Experience with IP routing protocols and IP network products
Job Type: Contract
- Troubleshooting and Maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- Network Operations Center: 1 year (Required)
- Associate (Required)
- Lisle, IL (Required)