Commercial Small Business Underwriter Cottonwood Heights Jobs Vacancy in Zions First National Bank Salt Lake City
- Commercial Small Business Underwriter Cottonwood Heights
- Zions First National Bank
- Salt Lake City UT
- 09 Jan, 2018 30+ days ago
Zions First National Bank Salt Lake City urgently required following position for Commercial Small Business Underwriter Cottonwood Heights. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Commercial Small Business Underwriter Cottonwood Heights Jobs Vacancy in Zions First National Bank Salt Lake City Jobs Details:
You have the drive, ambition and skills and we want to give you the opportunity. Zions Bank is full of people just like you who share the same values and work ethic. Our diverse workforce offers endless opportunities to expand your skills and gain valuable experience that will help you advance your career. Let’s talk about how we can help one another succeed.
Zions Bank is now accepting applications for an Underwriter in the National Real Estate Banking Group based in our Cottonwood Heights offices. If you’re ready to move up the career ladder, this might be your next rung.
Ideal candidates will have the skills and experience necessary to:
• Compile data as it relates to preparation of credit packages (or pre-screens) incorporating spreads, cash flow, value of related collateral, appraisals, audits and other data.
• Interpret outcome of analysis and prepare summary, recommendations and make joint presentations with Relationship Manager (RM) to Credit Approvers on renewals and new loans submitted.
• Evaluate, analyze and form opinions for the approving or denying of commercial, commercial RE, and/or business banking loan applications.
• Spread financial statements, identify credit strengths and weaknesses, provide detailed and documented analysis of credit worthiness.
• Ensure credit requests are processed in accordance with bank policies, banking regulations and laws.
• Identify risk and mitigating factors related to conducting a thorough credit analysis for approval.
• Respond to internal and external customer inquiries.
• Recommend exceptions based on findings.
• Work closely with Relationship Managers on the more complex aspects of loan structuring, including long term, fixed vs. variable rates, pre-payment penalty and other variables.
• Have authority to approve loans beyond the organizations guidelines.
• Lead and be responsible for second level approvals.
• May be asked to help with other duties as needed.Qualifications
Successful candidates will have the following credentials:
• Requires a Bachelor's in Finance, Business, Accounting or a related field and 2+ year commercial, commercial real estate credit or small business underwriting, spread analysis, lending, underwriting concepts, practices and procedures or other directly related experience. A combination of education and experience may meet qualifications.
• Working knowledge of commercial, commercial RE and/or small business credit underwriting, spread analysis, lending, underwriting concepts, practices and procedures.
• Working knowledge of C&I and CRE loan requirements with the ability to identify risk and mitigating factors related to conducting a thorough credit analysis for approval.
• Good working knowledge of balance sheets, income and cash flow statements.
• Solid understanding of commercial and/or small business lending policies and procedures and general banking laws and regulations.
• Ability to analyze and research financial statements, business plans, credit reports, debt ratios and loan to value information.
• Solid judgment and ability to make sound decisions.
• Able to accept responsibility and handle confidential information.
• Must have strong customer relations and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must be a self-starter, dependable, accurate in completing responsibilities with strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Working knowledge of computer software programs including Excel, Word, etc. required.
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive base salary.
• Backing of one of the most successful community focused banks in the western U. S.
• Generous employee benefits, including immediate vesting of 401K match and tuition reimbursement.0 Work Locations Utah-Salt Lake City-UT - HomeOwners Cafe ZFNB Credit Admin