Community Engagement Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Company Washington
Company Washington urgently required following position for Community Engagement Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Community Engagement Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Company Washington Jobs Details:
What We're Looking For:
The 2U Content Marketing Team is seeking a community engagement strategist to advocate and engage digital communities on behalf of 2U’s partner program. The ideal candidate has an expert understanding of community management best practices and can apply them to drive organic marketing value for 2U’s university partners that range from nursing to cyber security. This person will work directly with the social media manager and will be responsible for developing and executing a complete community management strategy for each of our university partners. She or he must be willing to work in a fast, highly collaborative environment. She or he must be exceptionally organized, data-driven and efficient with time management.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Own, develop and implement social media strategies to engage current and prospective students, alumni, faculty and staff on behalf of 2U’s university partners.
- Engage and activate community groups, coordinating with student support team to ensure a positive user experience.
- Develop and execute social media strategy for on-campus immersions and events with social strategist and brand marketing manager.
- Develop on-brand messaging that best represents the voice and tone of our partners online and incentivizing user-generated content creation and sharing.
- Utilize social media management tools to respond to user comments and posts.
- Utilize social analytics tools to generate insights and summarize into client-facing reports.
- Enforce social media guidelines and act as a social media evangelist within the organization.
- Explore, identify and stay on the pulse of new social developments and opportunities in order to proactively direct current and future opportunities.
- Develop new systems to maximize community management efficiency as 2U scales.
- Bachelor's degree required, in communications, marketing advertising, public relations, media studies, business and/or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in community management, social media or communications.
- Experience developing and implementing tactical plans — including inspired and moderated solutions — that build and nurture online communities.
- Exceptional writing ability and communication skills required.
- Demonstrated leadership in client facing communication, strategy, and project management.
- Experience managing digital content for an education brand preferred.
- The ability to multitask and evaluate priorities on an ongoing basis.
- The ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information in a tactful manner.
- Well developed sense of discretion regarding access to sensitive information.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an environment of constant change.
2U partners with great colleges and universities to build what we believe is the world’s best digital education. Our platform provides a comprehensive fusion of technology, services and data architecture to transform high-quality and rigorous campus-based universities into the best digital versions of themselves. 2U's No Back Row® approach allows qualified students and working professionals around the world to experience a first-rate university education and successful outcomes. To learn more, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Spontaneous dance parties
- No Asshole policy
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.