Program Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in University Washington Seattle
University Washington Seattle urgently required following position for Program Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Program Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in University Washington Seattle Jobs Details:
The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty. As an employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please view this page.
The UWMC Rehab Medicine Clinic (8S Spinraza and Allergy Clinic) has an outstanding opportunity for a Program Coordinator (Full Time, Day Shifts). The Program Coordinator for coordinates multiple functions of a specialized programs including the Spinraza Program and Allergy Clinic. This position is responsible for excellent customer service to patients and other team members.
The Program Coordinator serves under the general direction of a multidisciplinary team, and performs work using knowledge and experience specific to Rehabilitation Medicine and the Allergy Clinic. Independently, the Program Coordinator advises patients, family members, staff, providers, and the public regarding program content and care protocols. The Program Coordinator functions as an expert for Rehab and Allergy areas, identifying process improvements and recommending solutions. The Program Coordinator facilitates the care pathway for patients receiving Spinraza and performs support services that include scheduling, communication with key departments, coordination of client appointments/complex testing procedures for Spinraza, and managing participants long term program involvement.
This position requires extensive involvement with members, staff and physicians in carrying out Rehab and Allergy clinic activities by coordinating consistent with program goals and protocols.
The primary duties of the Program Coordinator for the Rehab and Allergy patients are as follows:
Facilitate on-going programmatic assessment, maintenance and development of routines, standards and goals: (30%)
- Assess processes, communicate observations, concerns and ideas to the Treatment Team in a timely and professional manner to maintain high standards of patient care.
- Assist physicians and nursing staff maintain systems to safely manage patients,
- Update demographic information and scheduling required tests and appointments.
- Develop correspondence to communicate common patient issues that involve compliance and continuity of care.
Participate in the preparation and maintenance of data for the Spinraza treatment Database:(15%)
- Ensure that required information on each patient is entered into program database to monitor clinical outcomes.
Support Allergy and Rehab Clinic activities: (20%)
- Obtain pre-authorizations and scheduling in multiple departments for Spinraza patients
- Accompany patients between service areas to facilitate continuity of care, in particular, hospital admissions.
- Interact with many UWMC clinic departments that include Allergy, Rehab Medicine, Pharmacy, PACU, Pain Center.
- Attend monthly Rehab and Allergy Clinic team meetings and other meetings as required.
- Work with nurses, physicians, program coordinators, patient services specialists, medical assistants, patient care coordinators and other departmental staff members on various projects.
- Generate specific reports as requested by physicians and nursing staff.
Coordinate and schedule extensive diagnostic tests necessary for evaluation and coordinate continuum of care for patients receiving Spinraza: (20%)
- Report patient concerns to MD/RN regarding their medical, social, financial, psychological or cultural needs as it relates to the planning, personal comfort, or safety of the planned test or procedure.
- Interact with patient to discuss itinerary of the diagnostic tests, pre-test patient preparation instructions, and answer questions.
- Order interpreter and translation of correspondence as needed.
- Interacts with physicians and nurses to schedule all diagnostic tests as ordered by physicians in a timely manner.
- Coordinate scheduled diagnostic tests with clinic visit appointments when possible but, per protocol, does not delay radiology or laboratory testing based on clinic appointment availability.
- Responsible for continuum of care steps preceding and following initial appointment: requesting and ensuring timely receipt of outside records using EHealth; test, procedure and appointment scheduling; outgoing referrals and coordination of care with PCP, and completion of missing outside provider documentation.
- Contact various departments to schedule program tests; complete necessary requisitions and consult at UWMC and/or outside facilities.
- Prepare schedule for diagnostic tests and clinic, and correspond with patients to provide necessary program instructions.
Manage files: (15%)
- Coordinate the receipt of requirements: patient forms, medical records, lab and diagnostic results from UWMC, primary care physicians’ offices, pulmonologists’ offices and other medical facilities.
- Receive outside laboratory results on MDA patients undergoing serial laboratory monitoring per their treatment plan.
- Ensure these results are delivered to MD/RN3 to recommend next phase of care to coordinate.
- Facilitate getting a copy to RN for review as a back-up in MD’s absence.
- In preparation for return clinic visits, ensure recent lab work, radiology results, and pathology reports are completed and available.
- File requisitions (radiological and procedural) in tickler file.
- Follow up to ensure the exams are completed or rescheduled if necessary.
- Notify MD/RN of unusual delays in the completion of exams.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing; computer knowledge including Microsoft Office, data entry experience, and proficiency in word processing; ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment; and excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in coordinating patient complex appointment scheduling or other applicable experience.
- Must be a flexible multi-tasker who can prioritize on a daily basis to meet patient needs and program deadlines.
- Prefer candidates with experience working with Interstitial Disease
- Superior telephone and service-oriented communication skills.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.