Bookkeeper Part Time Jobs Vacancy in National Museum Mathematics New York
National Museum Mathematics New York urgently required following position for Bookkeeper Part Time. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Bookkeeper Part Time Jobs Vacancy in National Museum Mathematics New York Jobs Details:
The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is a growing institution that provides insight into the evolving, creative, human, and aesthetic nature of mathematics to a diverse audience of all ages. Its interactive exhibits and stimulating programs encourage inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of math.
MoMath is seeking a bookkeeper to provide the support for various accounting tasks related to the business operations of the Museum.
This is a part-time role, expected to require approximately 20 hours per week, with the potential to work some portion of that remotely. However, depending on how the applicant’s skillset matches other specific administrative needs of the Museum, there is some flexibility to consider more hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record basic journal entries, adjusting entries, and accruals
- Administer accounts payable
- Process vendor invoices
- Reconcile cash and credit card payments and bank and vendor statements
- Support accounts receivable, including collection of outstanding receivables
- Create invoices and sales receipts
- Track inventory
- Perform specific accounting analyses as requested
- At least one year of experience in bookkeeping or accounting; experience in nonprofit bookkeeping preferred
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, especially those applicable in a nonprofit environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and at least one commonly used accounting software tool (Fund E-Z is a plus)
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information appropriately and confidentially
To apply, please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line that includes “Bookkeeper” and your name: A cover letter explaining how you meet the above criteria; a current résumé, including grade point averages; and a 150- to 500-word statement describing your views on mathematics or a life experience you have had related to mathematics.