Mechanical Engineering Intern Jobs Vacancy in Bosch Group Fountain Valley
Bosch Group Fountain Valley urgently required following position for Mechanical Engineering Intern. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Mechanical Engineering Intern Jobs Vacancy in Bosch Group Fountain Valley Jobs Details:
This position will be responsible for supporting the tool development team in generating an overview of existing tools and determining feasibility of grouping tools into families so that they are easily accessible to the global engineering team. Activities will include searching for engineering drawings, customer websites and service manuals, ERP systems, catalogs and bills of materials, then inputting dimensional and functional data into a global tool family database for pullers, installers, removers, trolleys and other specialty tools identified by the position. Findings will be presented to engineering management and may then be turned into 3D CAD models, drawings, and a tool family database that would be used by all global regions.
1. Develop a collaborative partnership directly with the local and global engineering and sales teams.
2. Find and document existing products/tools and sort/categorize them using Excel or Access databases to determine overlap of components and present findings and possible efficiencies to management.
3. Research internal documents, design drawings, CAD files, ERP systems, Bills of Materials, customer websites and other sources for information for the project.
4. Create 3D and 2D CAD models and drawings to specify tool family components and common items that may be used across other divisions/global regions.Qualifications
1. Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related Engineering discipline
2. Demonstrated DIY Automotive Service Experience
3. 3-D CAD Experience of creating models and 2D detail drawings (Solidworks preferred)
4. Ability to collaborate and build relationships with internal team members.
5. Basic knowledge of hand tools, special service tools, and understand automotive service applications
6. Understanding of how to read and interpret Bills of Materials
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce-EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives:
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)