Parachute Rigger Jobs Vacancy in Trax Test Services Yuma Proving Ground
Trax Test Services Yuma Proving Ground urgently required following position for Parachute Rigger. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Parachute Rigger Jobs Vacancy in Trax Test Services Yuma Proving Ground Jobs Details:
Unpack, examine, assemble, and pack cargo, extraction and personnel parachutes. Follow standard procedures in performing basic packing tasks such as visually examining/inspecting the fabric and all equipment of the parachutes for serviceability, stowing canopy and suspension lines, installing reefing lines and cutters, and folding and packing various complex parachute assemblies. Must be able to read and understand diagrams and instructions from technical manuals and manufacturer’s instructions. Performs technical, routine and in-storage rigger-type inspection on cargo, extraction and personnel parachutes as well as other airdrop equipment before, during and/or after each use. Performs general support maintenance on all parachutes, textile components and other air drop equipment. Examine, inspect, adjust, and align mechanical components to rigid specifications, and assemble and link numerous subsystems, requiring a knowledge of how those assemblies inter-join, and the ability to perform numerous precision procedures. Examine/inspect, test and install extraction and release systems. Uses and maintains machines and tools for fabrication, modification and repair of parachutes, and other airdrop equipment.Have a basic understanding of mechanical systems and the ability to apply that knowledge in assembling, testing,and connecting those components properly. Performs rigging, handling and transporting of hazardous materials and explosives. Performs static line jumps “Ft. Benning certified” for test and training. Performs high altitude low opening and high altitude high opening jumps with certification from the Military Freefall School “HALO Qualified”. Other duties as assigned.
Pay Rate: $26.13 - $26.59/hour, DOE
Shifts/Hours: Vary by mission requirement.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance prior to hire and maintain it through employment with TRAX.
- Must be an experienced military rigger (minimum of 4 years' experience), Army certified parachute rigger (Quartermaster Center Fort Lee, VA), and Military static line jump qualified.
- Must be able to pass an Army APFT within the 40-year-old point range.
- Must have an understanding of and perform loading and unloading of aircraft.
- Must be able to perform horizontal and vertical center of balance and center of gravity tests for rigging and loading aircraft.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical.
- Must be able to pass a Class 2 Flight Physical and maintain current "JUMP" status.
- Must be capable of lifting 100 pounds unassisted.
- Must be capable of working in outdoor weather conditions.
- Must be capable of frequent squatting, crouching and stooping.
- FAA Rigger Certification.
- Knowledge of military testing and non-standard rigging.
- Rigger/Supply/Trades Helpers, RSS TNG AD-001.
- Military Jumpmaster qualification.
Other Job Information (if applicable)
- TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
- TRAX Test Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
- TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment. TRAX Test Services also encompasses four subcontracts to include: VETS, Westech, Spiral and Miratek. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the four subcontracts.