Platform Engineer Big Data Engineering Team Jobs Vacancy in Deutsche Bank Cary
Deutsche Bank Cary urgently required following position for Platform Engineer Big Data Engineering Team. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Platform Engineer Big Data Engineering Team Jobs Vacancy in Deutsche Bank Cary Jobs Details:
Platform Engineer – Big Data Engineering Team
Job ID: 3164849
Location: Cary, United States of America
Job Title: Platform Engineer - Big Data Engineering Team
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Department: Corporate Technology Operations
Location: Cary, North Carolina
About Deutsche Bank
A Passion to Perform is what drives us. More than a claim, this describes the way we do business. We’re committed to being the best financial services provider in the world, balancing passion with precision to deliver superior solutions for our clients. This is made possible by our people: agile minds, able to see beyond the obvious and act effectively in an ever-changing global business landscape. Diverse, international and shaped by a variety of different perspectives, we’re driven by a shared sense of purpose. At every level agile thinking is nurtured. And at every level, agile minds are rewarded with competitive pay, support and opportunities to excel.
Deutsche Bank Technology (DBGT), located near the Research Triangle Park (RTP) area of North Carolina, is a dedicated software development center that presents a start up feel within the larger Deutsche Bank organization. DBGT is a dedicated application development and software engineering center that supports the Bank to access leading technology skills and promote innovation in the development of software applications and leading-edge IT solutions. DBGT has a number of groups developing leading-edge technology solutions.
Part of Group Technology & Operations, Global Technology is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the cutting-edge hardware and software required to ensure the Bank can open for business each day. They create the core systems that process trades, assess risk and deliver data.
This position will be responsible for architect, design, and implementation of high-performance, distributed, scalable platforms for technologies like Hadoop, Spark, HBase and others to support the global technology portfolio.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Helping design and/or implement shared service(s) for Big Data technologies like Hadoop and/or other NoSQL technologies
- Performing technical analysis to present pros and cons of various solutions to problems
- Engineering enterprise solutions
Because Big Data involves many disciplines you will need to be able to work with the full platform stack while providing expertise in at least a subset of areas. These areas include:
- Dev Ops – proficiency with RHEL systems and scripting languages such as, python and shell
- Security - Core principles, Kerberos and Active Directory/LDAP, Public Key Infrastructure
- Experience with administration of Hadoop Platform (HDFS, YARN, Sqoop, Flume, Hive, HBase, Spark, Oozie), Cloudera Distribution is preferred
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Previous applicable platform engineering or related Hadoop experience
- Automation with tools such as Ansible, SSH, and Shell
- Experience working in a flexible Agile development environment
- Problem analysis and solving in multiple layers such as hardware, Linux, networking, and Hadoop
- Java - Some experience with design, development, and use of classes and objects, etc
- Able to adapt to a changing environment
- An excellent team worker
- Self-motivated, delivery focused with the ability to work independently where required
- Able to own and drive solution understanding the real issues behind Business Requirements
- Able to use tools of an agile ecosystem like Jira and GIT
- Able to successfully interface with various stakeholders
- Committed and have a strong sense of ownership
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.