Academic Instructor Mathematics Jobs Vacancy in Eduserc Suitland
Eduserc Suitland urgently required following position for Academic Instructor Mathematics. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Academic Instructor Mathematics Jobs Vacancy in Eduserc Suitland Jobs Details:
EduSerc is looking for many qualified candidates to serve as Academic Trainers in Mathematicsfor EduSerc's Young Innovators Program initiatives. Candidates for this position MUST possess excellent communication skills, energetic and have prior experience with success teaching and communicating with youth.
The candidate selected for this position will be responsible for training high school students in mastering core concepts in Algebra, Geometry and/or Algebra 2/Trigonometry. Candidates must be skilled in training and understand how to communicate mathematic concepts in a simple and easy fashion.
This position is depended upon a core understanding of the subject, in addition to positive attitude and ability to work well with others.
Below is a summary of the opportunity:
Mandatory Training: Candidates selected for this position must attend a formal training in managing EduSerc's corporate projects during June 25 - 28, 2018.
Below is a summary of the position:
Summer Commitment (Part-Time): June 25, 2018 - July 26, 2018 (M-Th)
- Mandatory Team/Instructor PD Training: June 25 - 28, 2018 (M-Th)
- Program Execution: July 9 - 26, 2018 (M-Th)
Days(Times): Mondays - Thursdays (8:30am - 2:30pm)
Program Location: Prince George's County, MD (specific location to be determined)
Program Management Demographics: 2 groups of 20 students (40 students total)
- Communicating mathematic concepts in a simple manner and training students to think critically
- Providing surveys and tests to students to assess their abilities
- Tutoring students one-on-one and in teams to strengthen their skills
- Motivating and inspiring students to enhance their view of mathematics
All candidates must be U.S Citizens and pass a standard background screening & check to be work in this position. Candidates should have at least 2 years of work experience in teaching students and experience in any supportive discipline involving the management of youth and instructors.
Candidate must know how to resolve conflict with students, work well with others and exude a professional presence and integrity at all times with constituents.
Desired Skills & Experience:
Professional Skills: Classroom Management / Project Leadership Skills
- MUST have a positive attitude and like working with youth
- MUST have leadership experience (ie. ability to lead a team of students to accomplish a goal or project)
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional mannerisms
- Personable, energetic, exciting
- Conflict resolution and group problem solving experience
Troubleshooting / Critical Thinker
- Must be able to help students solve problems and help them develop their critical thinking skills
- Must be able to troubleshoot problems as they arise like an engineer would perform
Technical Skills: Math Skills / Computer Skills (Preferred)
- Experience with teaching or tutoring Algebra, Geometry, Algebra 2 and/or other subjects to young students (9th - 12th Grade Level Math)
- Basic computer skills with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word / Excel / PowerPoint, etc.) and standard graphical software.
- Ability to develop tests to assess a student's mathematical abilities
- Knowledge of the Common Core Curriculum Standards
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour
- teaching students: 2 years
Required work authorization:
- United States